WebFldrs XP

Vartkes

I was exploring the 'Tools' option of CCleaner and came across the item 'WebFldrs XP' on the list.

I'm tempted to uninstall it... but.. I cannot find it anywhere on my system (yes, I have 'show hidden files' enabled.)

I cannot find it on the standard 'Add/Remove programs' section of Windows XP either.

Anyone know what this is - and is it safe to remove?

Thanks

I'm tempted to uninstall it... but.. I cannot find it anywhere on my system (yes, I have 'show hidden files' enabled.)

Thanks

Windows Explorer > Program Files > Common > Microsoft Shared.

Just guessing here, but I think it may be linked to MS Office.

BTW, I am also showing it listed in the CCleaner Uninstall Tools.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I was exploring the 'Tools' option of CCleaner and came across the item 'WebFldrs XP' on the list.

I cannot find it on the standard 'Add/Remove programs' section of Windows XP either.

Anyone know what this is - and is it safe to remove?

Thanks

Part of the windows system and located in the system32 directory

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

• Moderators

If you don't know exactly what it is leave well enough alone, I also have it installed and I'm taking my own advice of leaving it alone. At the very least do some research or ask on some Microsoft led forums before possibly removing something that Windows needs and the end result being crippling your OS or even worse having to format and reinstall Windows.

I think CCleaner really shouldn't be showing all of these hidden components because someone will be foolish enough to start removing them without even knowing exactly what they're for, they're hidden in Add or Remove Programs for a reason. But if a shoot yourself in both feet option is there to stay, so be it.

• 3 months later...

Hey everybody, I found this thread while I was searching in Google.

The perosn above me has said add remove programs is supposed to hide that file, but I can see it (along with other files) and it's not hidden. Something is wrong with it and it's showing files it shouldn't, how do I fix this issue? Anything to do with the registry? Thanks!

Hey everybody, I found this thread while I was searching in Google.

The perosn above me has said add remove programs is supposed to hide that file, but I can see it (along with other files) and it's not hidden. Something is wrong with it and it's showing files it shouldn't, how do I fix this issue? Anything to do with the registry? Thanks!

There is a method to make those files show in add/remove and you could hide those again if this is how it was done, but I wouldn't worry about it. A quick Google found the method for showing the hidden items, you could probably do the reverse of the description to hide them if you really wanted:

http://member.apcug.org/rcuinc/add_Remove_...en_programs.htm