PopUps?

krit86lr

ROFLMAO....You never told me that worked for you. But the numbers that you PMd me were fine. What did you change the numbers to?

temporarily hijacking my own thread :P

You either let Windows manage it, or set it according to how much RAM you have.

If you have 256MB or 512MB of RAM, set it to 1024 min / 2048 max.

If you have 1024MB or higher, set it to at least 512 min/max or use a sliding size (512 / 1024).

You either let Windows manage it, or set it according to how much RAM you have.

If you have 256MB or 512MB of RAM, set it to 1024 min / 2048 max.

If you have 1024MB or higher, set it to at least 512 min/max or use a sliding size (512 / 1024).

Yep. His was set at the default....900 and something which I thought was fine. But on my work machine I had to change it to a ridiculous high number for some reason. :) I'm not sure why though.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

Well I've been coming to this site for a long time now and never gotten a pop up. :P(on any of my 3 computers)

What kind of pop ups are you getting? Next time take a screenshot.

Also scan with adaware,defender,ewido,spybot.

Well I've been coming to this site for a long time now and never gotten a pop up. :P(on any of my 3 computers)

What kind of pop ups are you getting?

I've been logged into this forum 24/7 for 4 months now. It's just started happening this week. I described the types of popups earlier in the thread.

Should I post a HJT log or something? I have the same security as you rridgley, including the router. What do you think?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Hmm... I don't really know what to think.

Go ahead and post a log. Maybe do a scan with this as well:

http://www.trendmicro.com/spyware-scan/

I already did a scan with Kaspersky. I should do trendmicro as well?

I'll just start posting the links now. Here is the latest popup. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Other than that using a customized pagefile can cause a horde of memory related issues such as; an app that typically never gives any problems may all of a sudden start barking about being out of memory.

Yep. My work machine said it was about out of mem so I just increased the pagefile size, and it's been fine ever since. :blink:

There is always something, eh?

• Moderators

Make sure the popup site hasn't "hacked" and installed itself as a trusted site in your Firefox settings in:

Tools->Options->Content->Block Popup Windows->Allowed Sites

Blocking the popup source site in the HOSTS file should get rid of it for good.

• Moderators

Don't post links because if someone with an unprotected computer clicks it.. well you know.

Thats really strange though that both your pop up krit and neighboraaron's are the same. Did you ever put the host file back?

• 2 weeks later...

haha i havent had a popup yet today!!! :P

Who cares? <_<

I haven't had a popup since I disabled Messenger btw.

Yay krit! Glad my advice helped!

I am so glad too. Those popups were driving me though the roof. Thank you sooooooo much!!!!! :D

I seem to remember warning you about using Windows Messenger long before the pop ups began Krit. ;)

Guess you should of listened then.

You have already said that. :P But I thought that Messenger, and Windows Messenger were different. ;)

Dam Smarta$$! :Dhug.gif

You have already said that. :P But I thought that Messenger, and Windows Messenger were different. ;)

Dam Smarta$$! :Dhug.gif

Well just keep your eyes on you know where for such info, it has been on there for 2 years.