Caution About Adobe Flash Payer 9

Hello all,

CCCleaner has had problems in the past with Macromedia Flash and it may now have a problem again with Adobe Flash Player 9 as well.

However, this is just a warning at this time and if you can get to this site you are probably OK:

http://www.broadcom.com (failing indication is that browser just sits there and says 'done'

The other suspect programs are:

Shockware Ver 10

Yahoo Security Suite

Trying to isolate this problem, I hve done a System Restore 5 times today and have narrowed the problem down to one of those 3 programs; however, I am done the "testing and breaking"; therefore, I will not reinstall any and hope I don't have to do a system restore in the near future.

The CCCleaner folks may want to do some aggressive and proactive testing on this issue because I am more than capable of resolving most problems; however, this one turned out to be my downfall with the only alternative being a system restore.

God luck,

pent7301

im assuming its when you scanned issues?

most programs cant tell if some issues are bad or good but ccleaner is the closest.

make sure you look stuff over before just deleting the issue and also backup your registry!

MrG will have to look at this because i dont know of anybody else that has had problems like this.

• Moderators

CCleaner hasn't detected any Flash registry issues on my system, I was using Flash 9 Beta, and now the final build of version 9 for Internet Explorer, Opera, and Firefox.

However, RegSeeker on the otherhand will want to remove some registry data from Flash if you let it, I'm unsure however think it's only for the Internet Explorer ActiveX plugin. This can be copied and pasted into the RegSeeker exclude.ini file so that it will ignore Flash:

# Start of protection for: Adobe Macromedia Flash Player0|Interface\{D27CDB6C-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}0|Interface\{D27CDB6D-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}0|FlashFactory.FlashFactory0|FlashFactory.FlashFactory.10|FlashProp.FlashProp.10|MacromediaFlashPaper.MacromediaFlashPaper0|ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash0|ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.10|ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.30|ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.40|ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.50|ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.60|ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.70|ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.80|ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.9# End of protection for: Adobe Macromedia Flash Player