When Cleaning w/DOD 3 pass, My Floppy Dr......

indicator light activates as if being ennumerated. I don't want to call it a bug as operation seems normal otherwise. Latest 1.31 Slim version on XP dsktp. I can't recall seeing this in previous versions but they were run in non-secure deletion so maybe that's the difference. Perhaps it always has, but the sounds of the HD during overwrite calls my eye to the machine so I see it now. Does Crap Cleaner in some way utilize the small memory in one of the drives )floppy,DVDROM,CDRW as space to store overwriting material?

Mostly curious. Thanks for your thoughts! :blink::unsure:

• Moderators

Windows XP has a "bug/quirk" I'd call it that for some reason may inadvertently cause the floppy drive to randomly engage. It's more an annoyance if you've recently placed files onto a floppy disk using 'Copy To' or 'Move To' in Explorer. I've seen the floppy drive get engaged randomly using CCleaner and other programs many days after copying or moving files onto a floppy disk.

Windows XP has a "bug/quirk" I'd call it that for some reason may inadvertently cause the floppy drive to randomly engage. It's more an annoyance if you've recently placed files onto a floppy disk using 'Copy To' or 'Move To' in Explorer. I've seen the floppy drive get engaged randomly using CCleaner and other programs many days after copying or moving files onto a floppy disk.

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes! Quirk sounds perfect! Haven't done a floppy on this machine since (maybe never) as I have USB flash storage drives at hand for pretty much everything. Thanks again! ;)