Hotfix uninstaller option

Woody

What exactly is removed from my system if I choose this option? CCleaner says it will remove 170MB of data so I daren't run it without asking for advice. I have the latest version of CCleaner, released today. Thanks....

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Thanks for the quick reply Tarun. I'm rather inclined to do as you say and play it safe. :)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

those hotfix uninstallers are now safe to delete,if you are using latest version of CCleaner. it removes $NtUninstall.. folders from Windows directory. if you are running out of space,consider to remove those folders. like i said,it's SAFE.

Not exactly. If you have a downloaded SP2, or WMP Beta11 you do not want to use the "hotfix uninstaller" option. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Not exactly. If you have a downloaded SP2, or WMP Beta11 you do not want to use the "hotfix uninstaller" option. ;)

SP2 uninstall files are on its own separate folder,there not in "$NtUninstall..." folder. and like hotfixes,if you are sure you never need to uninstall it,then you can remove it.

SP2 uninstall files are on its own separate folder,there not in "$NtUninstall..." folder. and like hotfixes,if you are sure you never need to uninstall it,then you can remove it.

Software updates are also stored in the $NTUninstall$ folders.

You can refer to the following link if you're interested in learning a bit more. http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=5771

MS info on XP SP2 It does create a $NtUninstall$ folder. ;)

Important If you install Windows XP SP2 on a computer that is already running Windows XP SP2, you will create a new uninstall folder on your hard disk drive. This new folder will use 50-100 megabytes of disk space. Every time that you install Windows XP SP2, a new folder is created.

Use any one of the following methods to remove Microsoft Windows XP SP2 from your computer:

? Use the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel

? Use the hidden $NtServicePackUninstall$ folder

? Use the System Restore process

? Use Recovery Console

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

yes, SP2 creates $NtServicePackUninstall$ folder. is CCleaner programmed to delete that also,when "hotfix uninstallers" is checked? if so,it's absolute disaster.

Yes. CCleaner will delete that if the "hotfix uninstaller" option if fixed. ;)

Yes. CCleaner will delete that if the "hotfix uninstaller" option if fixed. ;)

WTF!. i have deleted that folder manually long time ago,because i have no reason to uninstall SP2 and it took lot of space. but that should not be under "hotfix uninstallers" in CCleaner. you can easely delete it by mistake with CCleaner,ever even knewing doing it. and then when you want to uninstall SP2,suddenly you can't because of that! big NO NO to that option. SP2 isn't just like anyother hotfix.