Validation Not Completed

krit86lr

So, I just tried to download Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile Update Beta. And this is what I got. <_<

What's going on with that? And how to I fix it?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

First of all! I do not use pirated software and I'm insulted that you implied that I do. If I was using pirated software I would not have posted this. :angry:

This just happened for the first time about 15 minutes ago. I paid for my software! I have the receipts to prove it. Why did this just start happening today?

I was using IE.

I just ran the MGA (microsoft genuine advantage) diagnostics tool. I'm posting the result.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

i dont believe it. you used IE! w0w.

anyways, have you tried the activeX validation method?

edit: have you checked the requirments?

and are you sure you downloaded from microsoft.com?

haha, if I click on my email account thru Messenger it automatically opens it in IE. I get email notifications from MS about new downloads. I went thru that link and it is Microsoft.com.

I haven't tried the activeX validation method because it didn't give me the option, and I don't know how to make it give me the option.

Could it possibly be because I changed some hardware today in my PC?

edit: have you checked the requirments?

Ah! My processor doesn't meet the requirements. :)

I'll try another download and see if it works. Thanks for that Aaron.

"You chose to validate by the alternative (non-ActiveX) validation method which requires a download of an executable."

edit: yup, i follow others and go for the easy stuff first.

Phew. Okay it validated for a different download.

Now I wonder why Validation diagnostic tool didn't validate me. I'm posting on MS's Validation forum now. ;)

just curious, did you download the same thing or an earlier or later version?

Something completely different, but it still required a validation. Why?

i was just wondoring if it was the program.

It might be. I'm still waiting for a reply on MS's Validation Forum. ;)

It might be. I'm still waiting for a reply on MS's Validation Forum. ;)

Well so far all that is know is that the diagnostic tool has a glitch in it. Today the diagnostic tool gave me a Genuine Status. I told them to fix it. :P

My WGA Forum Thread