Firefox not being reported as cleaned

tomg8

I have all the checkboxes on Firefox checked for cleaning, but after a cleaning the Advanced Report shows nothing for Firefox.  It also seems not to clean cookies that aren't in the Cookies to Keep column.  The only thing I have Firefox clean on closing is the history.  Having it delete cookies closing deletes the cookies I want to save.  Both programs are the latest available.

• Moderators

Is your Firefox still open/running? (Maybe minimised).

CCleaner can only clear browsers that have been closed.

Normally CCleaner would warn you that it's still open and ask if you want to close it, but it's possible that you have (indvertently) told CCleaner not to warn you if the browser is still open.
Although I would still expect the Advanced Report to show your Firefox entries with the word 'Skipped'.

My settings for Firefox look like this:
image.png

And if I run a clean with Firefox still open I get this:

image.png

However if you have that set to show 'File List' instead of Advanced Report then it won't show the Firefox files at all.

Could you post screenshots like that of your CCleaner settings for Firefox, and of the results after an analyze or clean?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

It won't let me cut and paste the screen shot here, so ...   I've been using FF and CCleaner (pro/paid) for years so I'm familiar.  The top five boxes of Application/Firefox in CCleaner is checked like they have been for a long time.  In Advanced Report, there is no reference at all to Firefox now, like before.  The only thing I have Firefox clean automatically on shutdown is history.  The rest,  CC used to take care of. 

• Moderators

Not sure why it won't let you paste, did you try ctrl+v while in the post editor? But no problem you have described it.

My next suggestion would be to run CC in debug mode to see if the log shows anything odd when it gets to FFx.

Open a Run window (windows key+r) and enter:

ccleaner.exe /debug

Don't worry if you are 64-bit it will run the right one. That will make a logfile for that run only, the log will be in the CCleaner directory (C:\program files\ccleaner) and you can read it in text editor; or attach it here so we can take a look. If you don't want to attach it public then you could private message it to me.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I decided to go through the settings again.  Found the issue.  There's a feature that CCleaner will clean your browser automatically when it is shut down.  I never clicked off those boxes as sometimes keeping the cookies around were useful until the end of the day clean up.  I turned off auto clean which was checked  for the two browsers I use and now Advanced Report is showing a few Firefox entries being cleaned.  Not sure how the settings got changed.

• Moderators

That explains it,

CCleaner's Smart Cleaning was automatically cleaning the browser on closing (without notification), so there was nothing left there to clean when you later ran CCleaner manually.

I'm not sure why that particular Smart Cleaning option got selected, maybe when you were looking around the options sometime?