New Edge Chromium

crizal

• Moderators

It has been a while since an update to CCleaner,  but expect a new CCleaner version once the devs have checked out that the official Edge Chrome has not made any sudden changes from the beta version of Edge Chrome.

Probably in the next week, unless Edge Chrome has done something unexpected?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Edge Chromium will be updated continually via it's own updater & not by Windows Update in line with Chromium updates, as Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi etc is also - Do the Devs know about the release of Edge Chromium though? 😉

As New Edge is the biggest shake-up in browsers for many years, it's been in Beta for a long time (and for a while was supported by a CCleaner beta)  & little has changed in the main history files etc that I can see, it's pretty obvious either there are no devs? Or they don't care? Who knows, no way of knowing is there? A company has provided New Edge cleaning in a piece of software, actually two of them so far - As I see it CCleaner has become abandon-ware - No other way of putting it.

While Edge Chromium can be downloaded now for those who want it, Microsoft is going to release it via Windows Update as an automatic update.  I am waiting for it that way and will then assess CCleaner's status, which is up to Avast.  Yes, it would be nice to hear something about a new CCleaner version from an official source, but, we have no control over that.  How long one chooses to wait and see or move on is up to each user.

While some may wait until MS Edge is released via WU from my reading MS haven't decided when? - It's been available as a download & install in exactly the same as Chromium, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi etc with a standard uninstaller & files in Program Files etc as standard practice- Microsoft is the largest or second largest software company there is, so Edge New isn't some niche browser user by a few - I've evaluated it since the beginning to final & though others choose to wait it's not unreasonable to ask as a licenced user if or when New Edge will be supported but It's becoming obvious at least to be that may not be anytime soon.

However New Edge can be cleaned in the same way as Chrome in Privacy, options are clean when required or clean selected items on exit. I would think most users of CCleaner use the overwrite system. The rest of the aspects of CCleaner still work as before, but there are free ad-free programs that do this if New Edge cleaning isn't provided. For me, I'm not using CCleaner again I've not been not very been happy since data sluper Avast bought it, so I wont post on this site again or buy anything Piriform (Avast) again - I'm not here to pull any company down just a personal choice, shame as I used CCleaner from day one - Best wishes Paul

I installed [Voldermort], and pressed ‘Download Latest’ and then run CCleaner and it brought options to clean as many items in Chromium Edge. 

But I didnt mark all. I better wait for the original CCleanr to be released. 

Just a question, do you know how I revert back the CCleaner to its original state where it doesnt have Chromium Edge listed? Thank you. 

I uninstalled [voldermort], but CCleaner still brings up the option to clean Chromium Edge. 

Thank you so much. 

Edited by Nergal
that which should not be named

Do I have to clean uninstall CCleaner and then install it again to get ride of the option Chormium Edge? Because I dont want to use that, I like to wait CCleanr to release its next version that officially supports it in CCleaner's style. THank you. 

In these two locations:

C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) 

I looked and found CCleaner folder or [voldermort] folder, I deleted them.
And then did a reboot and installed CCleaner last version again. 

So actually I did a clean uninstall of CCleaner and then reinstealled it. 

Edited by Nergal
that which should not be named

• Moderators

That is not an official extension.

There are others that are not official extensions.

There are no official CCleaner extensions.

But - One of them is allowed to have it's own sub-forum on the official CCleaner forum.

Which would you choose if you wanted to use an extension?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I've cleaned this thread. The mention of any enhancing programs is not allowed on public forum.  They are, as Nuke said above, not officially recognized and are unsupported by piriform (you'll have to remove them if you're troubleshooting a problem with ccleaner).

If you would like to  contribute to, or have questions about, entries in the community made template for winnapp2 you'll need to post in the 1 thread for winapp2 here.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

@Nergal Thanks for your effort. I agree with you. Sorry if I posted here. 

BTW, 

According to the roadmap, support for the new Chromium Edge, is in the next release:

"It has been our priority and was due for release in time for the Windows rollout, unfortunately there have been some technical setbacks that have delayed the release quite a bit. It will be in the next release and we expect that to be toward the seconf half of next month."

https://ideas.ccleaner.com/4