Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums
JohnJSal

Why isn't my C: drive listed as an option to defrag anymore?

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've used Defraggler, and when I tried to use it recently I noticed that my C: drive is no longer listed in the drive options for defragging. The only drive listed is a detachable drive. Why has this happened? How can I get it back? Without the ability to defrag my actual PC hard drive, Defraggler is kind of useless!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of extra information might help someone pin it down:

Can you still see the C drive in Windows own defragmenter?
Is it an HDD or an SSD?
Which Windows version are you running?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nukecad said:

A bit of extra information might help someone pin it down:

Can you still see the C drive in Windows own defragmenter?
Is it an HDD or an SSD?
Which Windows version are you running?

 

 

I'm not sure how to find the Windows defragmenter. Where is that?

My C drive is an HDD, and I use Windows 7 64-bit. As far as I know, nothing has changed since it used to work normally. It's just been quite a while since I've used it, and now the drive is not shown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows 7 built in defragmenter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17126/windows-7-improve-performance-defragmenting-hard-disk

You can also right click on a drive in File Explorer and select Properties and then the Tools tab, which will also give you an option to run the built in defragmenter.

Drive letters do occasionally go missing from various softwares, even from Windows File Explorer itself.
Here are a couple of ways to try and fix it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/330140/my-drive-does-not-appear-in-windows-explorer-view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nukecad said:

Windows 7 built in defragmenter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17126/windows-7-improve-performance-defragmenting-hard-disk

You can also right click on a drive in File Explorer and select Properties and then the Tools tab, which will also give you an option to run the built in defragmenter.

Drive letters do occasionally go missing from various softwares, even from Windows File Explorer itself.
Here are a couple of ways to try and fix it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/330140/my-drive-does-not-appear-in-windows-explorer-view

 

So the Windows defragmenter *does* show the C drive.

As for the other link, none of those things seems to be the case. The drive does have a letter, it's not disabled or offline, it's not a USB drive, there are no problems with it. I don't know what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps try uninstalling Defraggler..rebooting your machine... and then re-installing Defraggler.

This may shake its brains up a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hazelnut said:

Perhaps try uninstalling Defraggler..rebooting your machine... and then re-installing Defraggler.

This may shake its brains up a bit.

 

I may have to. I sent an email to the support team. If that doesn't work, I'll do as you suggest. Hopefully that will work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hazelnut's suggestion is what I was going to say to try next.

Uninstall/reboot/reinstall often works to solve links that have gone missing and other glitches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...