Does anyone know a freeware program that can do this?

Hamish+

• Moderators

The only thing I can think of is a firewall like Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall which has application behaviour blocking/protection, although it isn't portable at all. You could try the trial version with it enabled, however it will time-out after the trial ends and go into free-mode with that feature disabled.

ive noticed that spyware and firewalls and virus protection programs will sometimes keep coming back up after they are terminated.

try starting up in safe mode and take it out of the startup.

start>run>type msconfig. now go to startup or services to kill it but be careful in services.

look in the startup folder. C>documents and settings>(all users or your current user)>start menu>programs>startup.

I believe WinPatrol will remove items from start-up or temporarily disable them. I use the Pro Version but am sure that the Free Version will also work that way.

Mudd

You guys are off target. By keeping it from loading, he means that when you go to the Task Manager and End Process, it stops the application from loading seconds after termination.

PSKill may help with that, or even Process Explorer

but we dont know what it is he wants to terminate so it would be the same thing as taking it out of the boot up.

I am looking for a freeware portable program that can terminate a process and keep it terminated, ie prevent itself from loading up again. Thanks

i think alot of programs can do this stuff , u can use any system watchdog like Winpatrol , Arovax sheild , or just u can use anti-spyware that contain this feature like SpywareTerminator Or spycatcher-express

Just this programs will ask u that there's a new process tries to run , what u want to do , "accept it or deni"

and i think that will work !

and ofcourse u can use the Kerio firewall , it have the same build-in feature

but i like to recomend "Arovax sheild " it will give u clear alerts , and it've so easy navigation screen , and always in developing by the company ;)

Sorry I should have said what for.

On a college computer they use McAfee Security Suite. Part of that is a web filter that blocks out offensive etc sites. I noticed the process responsible for that part is mscifapp.exe. But if you terminate it it comes back again after about 5 seconds.

But because I am able to terminate it in the 1st place I'm sure any prog which can keep it blocked will work.

I could just remove it from startup but then people would know someone had been messing about with it.

Note: I don't intend to use it to break rules I just want to check my Yahoo E-mail! (It blocks lots of 'OK' sites)

oh and it has to be portable so I can use it from my Flash Drive

Cheers :)

um, how bout booting up in safe mode with networking?

i think you still get internet like that and hardly nothing runs.

or, try making a batch containing this code:

net stop McAfee Framework

net stop Mcshield

net stop McTaskManager

pause

just save it as anything.bat and put it on your flash!

EDIT:

i think this will work.

just go to this site and search away!

i would try the second option first though.

http://www.geocities.com/neighberaaron/proxy