Can not start and clean

brunom

Hi, since a wile i get a  popup saying that the program crashed( see the pic  in attachment) . When i close this popup also the program is closing, and also trying to send a report i get a fail popup and then the program get close.

I uninstalled  and reinstalled the program, the Licence is ok and till end of January 21 valid, and now i don´t know how i can solve the problem.

I need your help.

Thanks B

snip.PNG

Have you tried the "custom clean"? (erweiterte bereinigung)

Have you tried the "free version" if its the same crash?

ps: perhaps its a thing between 32 to 64 bit? there are not to many users with w10 32 bit

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

I don't like the look of that error message.

I don't like how 'unexpectedly' has been cut off like that to start with.

Why does it have '5 minutes remaining'?

And if CCleaner has crashed then how is it going to make any kind of report?

It just doesn't look right.

I wouldn't put your email address in there.

(I wouldn't try to send it).

I'll see what I can find, if it's a genuine error message it needs revising.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

in the background -> we can see on the right side that ccleaner scans in this moment ms edge... perhaps there is a wall for ccleaners head

perhaps helps this (similar topic)?

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators
3 hours ago, hazelnut said:

Fair enough,
the linked post from trium also shows the same message.
(And checking about I can find a few other examples).

But it still looks very odd to me, and my points from above still stand.
Why have a countdown on an error message? Is it going to send the message after 5 minutes whether you click to send or not?

And why say "The Application CCleaner has quit unexpectedly" making it sound like the message has come from somewhere other than CCleaner itself?
Why not just "CCleaner has quit unexpectedly"?

I'm guessing that the problem that caused the error is related to Edge preloading/running in the background, that seems to be a common problem at the moment.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

1 hour ago, nukecad said:

Why have a countdown on an error message? Is it going to send the message after 5 minutes whether you click to send or not?

i remember me darkly in the past i have also such a message and i dont have enought time to send whatever (no internet at this time of 5 min)

i dont remember me if it was on xp, 7 or 8.1

I have also run into this same crashing issue as of probably January 4, 2020.  Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software to no avail.  It seems to work for a while and then begins crashing, usually on the analyze portion.  I am using Windows 7 32 bit OS.  Not sure if this matters or not.  Have been using CCleaner now for almost a decade with no problems until recently.  Also, thought I might have malware which might be causing this to crash but ran numerous scans with different programs and from what I can  tell my system is clean but still getting crashes.  I am also running CCleaner free edition version 5.63.7540.

Hope this helps.  I suspect there is a bug in the program somewhere.  Hopefully Piriform can fix it.  There product is awesome.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, dcetra said:

I am using Windows 7 32 bit OS.  Not sure if this matters or not.

It may do,

The OP of this thread is running Win 10 but it's also 32-bit.
If I was one of the devs I would be looking at if it's an issue with 32-bit Windows, or 32-bit CCleaner.

(And of course you won't have Edge on Win7, so it's obviously not that which is giving you an issue).

i have tried cc v5.63 portable on two xps 32bit, one w7 32 bit - all good as it seems with easy and custom clean -only analyze - no app-crash-report in my case

• Moderators

This issue has been flagged up for the developers to take a look at it.

Hi guys, tank´s  a lot for all your posts and sorry if did not comment this till now.

I really don´t know if this could be relevant or not, but i find out that if i start the program and i start the cleaning at once, the program is running ok and i don´t get any "warning" message.

This Appen just if i open the program and i let that stay open for a wile without using.

It is a bit odd but at least I have a short solution.

Thank you all again and let´s see how is going to be.

B.

• Moderators

That is interesting information that may help the developers track down what the issue may be.

I would suspect that not many people leave CCleaner open for later, most will open it and run straight away.

• Moderators

Reply from the staff/developers:

This could be related to Bitdefender. We have previous reports about 32-bit OS users about Bitdefender causing errors in CCleaner, and have been recommending that if a user has Bitdefender, that they exclude CCleaner. If they don't have Bitdefender, then we will probably have to direct the user to support and investigate further.