Recuva recovery from Lost Partitions

Kobus

I wanted to upgrade my win 7 to win 10 due to the support issue of microsoft. I have  a 2TB external drive connected with ALL my backup info. Unfortunately when the upgrade requested a target to save the win 10 ISO file, I directed it to the External drive.

The whole External Drive was overwritten with the ISO file and my backup info gone. I have scanned the drive with EaseUs, but it does not give the folders. It did find the files though, but it would be a major task to sift through all the data to try and recover the files.

611937805_CaptureEaseUsScanScreen.thumb.JPG.2dbf6a17d3148b31fae8e97d8cd21357.JPG

The External Drive was previously Drive "i" now it is "g" with the windows 10 iso file.

1611990873_CaptureWin10ISO.JPG.7026d5560e5733be345cb8f2ecae4f12.JPG

I have downloaded recoverit, which shows folders although the folders are not properly organised.

2120739601_CaptureRecoveritScreen.thumb.JPG.f2a4434ce33dd42e08c1727c92a321ae.JPG

Now I am busy scanning with Minitool as well as Recuva.

I have not purchased any of these software yet. I first want to see whether it can do what I want it to do.

Will Recuva be able to recover the files on the lost partition in folders as recoverit does?

I first posted this as a reply, https://forum.piriform.com/topic/56407-recuva-recovery-from-unallocated-hd-space/

but thought it would not be noticed and therefore I opened a new post here