Restoring Registry Question

bdr122

I was having some computer problems so as a troubleshooting measure I tried to restore the most recent ccleaner registry backup. I did this by right clicking on the registry backup file and selecting the merge option. All that seemed to happen is that it opened a text file with the deleted registry entries. Did it actually restore the registry entries? I have no way of knowing. When I run the issues scan in ccleaner now, none of the supposedly restored entries show up, so I have my doubts about whether they were actually restored. Any thoughts?

You may have applied some "security" feature that has changed Merge to open with notepad. Restore this by doing the following:

Start > Run > cmd.exe

When the black box opens, type each of the following exactly as-is and hit enter after each line:

assoc .reg=regfileftype regfile=regedit.exe "%1"

Here it is again outside of a code block, in case the font is too hard to read in the above code block:

assoc .reg=regfile

ftype regfile=regedit.exe "%1"

Both will echo what you typed back at you, which is normal. Then try double clicking on the .reg file again (or right-click > merge, as you did before).

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)