Running CCleaner in safe mode?

Hi, I am a new member, first time posting in this forum. I have been using CCleaner for a good while now and very satisfied with the product, but i have run into a problem and looking for a little help. Every time i run CC their are always two items that can't be fixed in the issues scan in regular mode and computer was acting unusual, i was having problems with FireFox and decided to uninstall it and just use Internet Explorer. I ran Adaware, Ewido, Spybot S&D in Safe Mode an decided to run CCleaner also, well it found around 300 item in the issues scan but they keep reappearing every time i ran it. The question i have is why these issues aren't being fixed? Can CCleaner be run in Safe Mode? :huh:

Yes CCleaner can be run in Safe Mode, but typically it is a permissions problem that would still occur even in safe mode. See my sig for a link to the article about this issue. Download Dial-a-fix medium and follow the instructions provided.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

What problem did you have with Firefox?

Hopefully you can resolve it, because you're better of with Firefox than IE.

If not, you can try Opera, it is better than IE too.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Eldmannen, i was having problems like connecting to the Internet, no problem using IE also larger grayed out section above the toolbar that took up 1/4 of the screen, tried everything i could think of but couldn't get ride of it. I think it all started after a thunderstorm and power outage, and i know that FF is suppose to be more secure, that's why i had installed it in the first place. I was using the latest version of it an imported all my IE settings when i installed it. Hope that answered your question.

You probably just need to make a new Firefox profile (uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't remove profiles) -- http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

OK DjL I did what you suggested and followed the directions, ran another scan on the issues, their was only one their and I didn't remove it, now what? Sorry but i am not a computer whiz and need a little more help in what to do next. Thanks for your help.

Oh i forgot to say i ran that scan in regular mode. Do i do the same in Safe Mode too?

Go ahead and remove it and see if it comes back. Safe Mode is almost never necessary.

If it remains, post a screenshot of the window with the key's full path and value visible.

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Worked like a charm, all removed. Thank you very much,but what about the 300 or so issues in Safe Mode, i know you said almost never necessary but shouldn't they be removed also. The idea is to remove unnecessary files right? :mellow:

Do whatever you like with it. If you want to hang on to it and get subsequent new versions, visit my site. It may come in handy at some point for you, like if Windows Update stops working for some reason.

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips