So CCleaner EasyClean destroyed my Chrome history

CheekySparrow

Well, great design decision, guys! I specifically removed the checkmarks from Chrome, but apparently they only apply to Custom Cleaning, and EasyClean just cleans everything! ... yes, this is an angry rant. I lost my cookies, my login sessions, my history, everything. Because you have this HUGE button that is shown by default, leading some people to assume that it just launches CLEANING with chosen settings. Apparently not. I was planning to purchase CCleaner license but won't do it now, I'm just so angry.

• Moderators

Easy Clean and Custom Clean work with different settings, that's why the two different cleaning types are there.

Whilst I can understand your frustration at using the wrong one for your needs I'm not sure why you thought they would both do the same thing?

If Easy Clean did the same thing as the Custom Clean settings then it would be Custom Clean.
(There would be no point in having two things that did exactly the same).

Easy Clean uses it's own basic settings, Custom Clean gives you more control over what gets cleaned or not.

PS. You can set Custom Clean to be the default clean by changing the following-

image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

... easyclean has a big weak point - there is no list what easyclean will cleaning

perhaps there should be a list for showing the cleaningpoints (without checkable points) only to show the user what ccleaner cleans after start it... 😉😎

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

perhaps easyclean cleans the browser history. i dont know... because it shows me not exactly enough -> i dont use it

and for beginners... how should they have to know about it, from where?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Yes, Easy Clean will clear your browser history every time that you run it.

.. easyclean has a big weak point - there is no list what easyclean will cleaning
perhaps there should be a list for showing the cleaningpoints (without checkable points) only to show the user what ccleaner cleans after start it

Well that option is in Custom Clean, and as said above if Easy Clean was the same as Custom Clean then it would be pointless having them both.

If you want to see what Easy Clean will clean on your computer then launch CCleaner in Debug mode.
You run debug mode by going to the searchbox and typing in 'Run' to open the Run-Box.
In there type-  CCleaner.exe /debug and then click OK. (Doesn't matter if you have 64-bit, the correct one will run).
image.png

CCleaner will open as normal except for a notification that 'no updates are available' (If you already have the latest), click OK to dismiss that notice.
Start Easy Clean and wait until it has analyzed, then quit out without cleaning by clicking on the 'x' in the top right of the window .
(Once you close CCleaner you have exited debug mode and it will run in normal mode next time).

Debug mode will have made a log file of what it has analyzed, and saved that file it in the CCleaner folder, usually "C:\Program Files\CCleaner".
You can open that log in any text editor (Notepad, etc.) to see just what CCleaner analyzed.

There is a set of program related stuff an then you will see a line saying- "[current time][INFO ] Entering Analysis"
Below that you will see a lot of entries like these which is what CCleaner was Analyzing,  (this is only a small section):

[23:30:32::301][INFO ] OnRuleStarted | 3005 | 3163 | Microsoft Edge - Download History
[23:30:32::301][INFO ] OnRuleFinished | 3005 | 3163 | Microsoft Edge - Download History
[23:30:32::301][INFO ] OnRuleStarted | 3005 | 3104 | Microsoft Edge - Recently Typed URLs
[23:30:32::301][INFO ] OnRuleFinished | 3005 | 3104 | Microsoft Edge - Recently Typed URLs
[23:30:32::301][INFO ] OnRuleStarted | 3001 | 3101 | Temporary Internet Files
[23:30:32::306][DEBUG] C:\Users\steve\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\23Z83FLH\status[1].htm
[23:30:32::306][DEBUG] C:\Users\steve\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\C2NFN6TK\auto[1].txt
[23:30:32::416][INFO ] OnRuleFinished | 3001 | 3101 | Temporary Internet Files

That section  shows that Easy Clean looked at Edge Download History and didn't find any thing to clean, same with Edge RT URLs, then it looked at Temporary Internet files (That's internet Explorer) and found 2 files to clean.

Each of those 'OnRuleStarted/OnRuleFinished' tells you what catagories Easy Clean will analyze, and clear if there is anything in it.
Some of the list will be slightly different for each computer depending on what Browsers and other software you have installed.
(For instance I don't have Chrome so there are no entries for Chrome, but I do have Firefox and those entries show under Mozilla).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043