ccleaner

Denis m

• Moderators

Do you have smart monitoring turned on in options?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Which version, and build, of Win 10 do you have? You can find the information in Settings>System>About

There were some problems with the sytem tray and taskbar (and Start menu) in some recent 1903 builds.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for the reply nukecad and Nergal,

I forgot to mention that this problem started with version 1903,
was there any fix?
Pretty sad to have to open ccleaner and then close it for the program to work,everytime I open my laptop that is what I have to do.

• Moderators

Have you tried ticking 'Run CCleaner when the computer starts'?

image.png

PS. I note from your screenshots that you are using Easy Clean, which seems odd for a Pro user but each to their own.

If you want to Use Custom Clean as the default instead then my screenshot shows you where to set that as well.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, nukecad said:

Have you tried ticking 'Run CCleaner when the computer starts'?

image.png

PS. I note from your screenshots that you are using Easy Clean, which seems odd for a Pro user but each to their own.

If you want to Use Custom Clean as the default instead then my screenshot shows you where to set that as well.

Run ccleaner at start-up actually runs a clean.  Do you have skipuac enabled?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Nergal,

I have tried that my problem is not with custom clean or easy clean,

my problem is like I posted it won't stay in the system tray,
I have to open and close ccleaner for it to work,
as far as easy clean or custom clean i don't see a problem using easy clean,
pro user means that I have ccleaner professional.
was there a fix on the issue of version 1903 to witch nukecad  posted.
Thank you.

• Moderators

"Maybe" uninstalling, then reinstalling CCleaner ("clean install") would fix it as a last resort -- with the nearly monthly updates perhaps it's a settings error or corruption. But be warned there's a big caveat with uninstalling it nowadays in that some people have serious issues getting it to install at all.

Thank you Andavari,

I have installed and reinstalled multiple times,
now I spent 2 months with support and there's nothing they could do I had to tell them to close the ticket,
and spent another 2 months going online to try and find as to why a program won't stay in the tray,
now I can see that the same will happen here,
So conclusion I would like that topic to be CLOSE,
I have 4 months to go until my subscription ends so I will continue to click on ccleaner to open it as this is the the 
only way I can get it to work.
after I will be buying another product
I tested the free version of wise care 365 ran a clean then went to ccleaner ran a clean and there's was nothing to clean,

So whoever is in charge of the forum please close this topic as I will not reply.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Denis m said:

was there a fix on the issue of version 1903 to witch nukecad  posted.

Yes - 1909 got the taskbar/system tray (and the searchbox) back to normal working for me.

Just to note that while I don't have CC monitoring on, I do have one non-MS application that starts at boot and sits in the system tray. MBEA standalone.
Occasionally for some reason Win 10 will not let it launch at boot time and so the icon doesn't appear in the system tray. (MBAE, being a security app, does give a pop-up warning if that happens though).
Most of the time it's fine, which to me suggest that it's a Windows 10 issue/glitch. Something else is occasionally preventing MBAE from launching at boot and so it simply times out?
Being an intermittent issue I've so far not been able to track it down, but a reboot works for that one.

So it may be your Win 10 itself that is preventing CC from launching at boot for some reason?

Another thought-
Do you have 'Fast Startup' enabled in Windows?
That is know to cause various problems, so if it's on then try turning it off.
https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/
Note that Win 10 settings have changed slightly since that was written.
In "How to disable...." you will need to make an extra click than mentioned there.
After selecting 'Power options' you will need to scroll down a bit and click: Additional Power settings.
That gets you back to the screenshots in the article

• Moderators
3 hours ago, nukecad said:

Occasionally for some reason Win 10 will not let it launch at boot time and so the icon doesn't appear in the system tray. (MBAE, being a security app, does give a pop-up warning if that happens though).

Very rarely it has issues with PeerBlock on my system, for me just signing out of Windows and signing back on fixes it. One workaround I had to do to get PeerBlock to even show in the SysTray was to create it as a scheduled task, otherwise it would never run.

Since CCleaner isn't loading properly and if it's a scheduled task perhaps re-making from scratch that task would fix it --  just guessing at this point though.

• Moderators
On 24/11/2019 at 22:00, nukecad said:

Coincidence? - You talk about something that hasn't happened for months and then ...

image.png

Just to make it very clear - This is not the main Malwarebytes4.

This is a standalone Anti-Exploit module that is now a beta test bed for things that may be added in future to the Anti-Exploit module included in the main Malwarebytes  programme.
You can't run this and the full Malwarebytes at the same time, the full Malwarebytes already includes it. (Without the test bits).