not showing "tracking files removed"?

When I ran the cleaner in the older 5.4??? version after cleaning the results would show "Junk removed" in one column and on the left column there would be something like "Tracking files (or Cookies)" removed.

Finally got latest version 5.63.7540 installed and now after running the cleaner the results ONLY show "junk removed" no more info about "tracking files"

So what I need to know is does CCleaner only show junk removed now OR do I have to configure something to also show "tracking files" removed also?

• Moderators

Are you using the 'Easy Clean' or do you have the newer 'Health Check'?
Either one could be possible in v5.63, some people get one some get the other.

Easy Clean should look similar to this after analyzing:
image.png

Whereas Health Check shold look similar to this:
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Yes that is the correct behaviour for the Custom Clean.

What Easy Clean / Health Check call 'Trackers' are actually a type of cookie, (mainly your Browser 'Sessions'), and the Custom Clean correctly calls them them what they are.
Custom Clean is meant for more technically minded users.

It was a bit contentious when Quick Clean (now called Easy Clean/Health Check) first started calling them 'Trackers'.
They are not what a technical user would regard as a Tracker. (That's a type of Malware which can 'track and record' what you are doing or where you are located).

Technically they are 'tracking cookies', which record which sites you have visited when using your browser, and so Piriform are just stretching the definition a bit for non-technical users which is who Easy Clean is meant for.

To show what I'm saying:

This is from a run with Easy Clean (which I stopped after the analyze):
image.png

Then I immediately ran Custom Clean which found the same 3 files under 'Firefox Sessions'

image.png

Hope that explains it better for you.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

meant for more technically minded users? A tracking cookie has not ever been or nether will be malware. Please tell us how a cookie a simple text file can locate your location? Malware means malicious software. At best it an link visited sites. 

Custom Clean is meant for more technically minded users?

I cant see many forums if any agreeing ccleaner is a pro tool. what it does is basic,