Upgrading Issue

Tedarama

I'm trying to upgrade CCleaner to v5.63. I get this "error opening file for writing: C:\Programfiles\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe Click abort etc"....I also have the script error on my screen same as in this thread, what is the resolotution? 

How can I fix this?

• Moderators

The installation error is probably because CCleaner is already running in the background, usually because you have Smart Cleaning turned on.

Open Task manager and End Task for all instances of CCleaner that are running, then try the install again.
See here for more information:

AFAIK as of last Monday the scripting error has been replicated by the devs and is still being worked on as stated in the last post of your link above.

Just as a quick update, we have managed to replicate this script error popup.  An update to CCleaner 5.57 or later (ideally the latest, CCleaner 5.63) should eliminate the problem for 99% of users.  We are working on the remaining 1% at the moment.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Unable to install\upgrade to latest ccsetup563, below error occurs in event log.  CCleaner setup starts then stops after finishing "installing" files.  No folder created in Program Files.  Able to install ccsetup561 with no issues.  Appears BitDefender utilizes atcuf32.dll file.

Windows 10 1903

Faulting application name: ccsetup563.exe, version: 5.63.0.7540, time stamp: 0x5682fc79
Faulting module name: atcuf32.dll, version: 1.28.222.0, time stamp: 0x5d874f64
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00002d8e
Faulting process id: 0xbc0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d58f790b1561e8

UPDATE:

Able to install ccsetup563_slim which updated 561.

Edited by MonkeyTech
change to original post

• Moderators
14 hours ago, MonkeyTech said:

UPDATE:

Able to install ccsetup563_slim which updated 561.

Good to hear that you got it installed.

That would indicate that your Bitdefender did not like the 'bundled' offer in the Standard installer, so removed the entire install.
The Slim installer doesn't have those bundled offers. (Which is why it's 'slim').

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 4 weeks later...

Another option, and one I don't particularly like, is to add "ccsetup563" to the Bitdefender exclusion list and then run ccsetup. After the install add the CCleaner app file to the Bitfender exclusion list and remove "ccsetup563" from the Bitdefender exclusion list.

I was unable to install and run "slim" with Bitdefender running. I did not bother to test the above option with "slim"

Edited by Dave G
typo