Recuva Deep Scan file allocation & doubt

David_

I have a 16GB Ram PC with a dedicated SSD for Windows 10 and a 1TB drive for work files.
I needed to reinstall Win 10 and due to a EFI drive C formatting issue, it installed to my work files hard disk overwriting file table.
Cloud backup stopped months ago without notifying me... 
I purchased Recuva and scanned the 1TB work file drive and was on day 4 of renaming and sorting recovered files (without turning the PC off).
All looked as good as possible until last night the PC apparently rebooted... so now I'm waiting another 5 hours for a second deep scan.

Suggestion: Since Recuva can almost instantly find all the files of a given type, when filtering per extension, it seems it must create a file allocation table with the results of its scan.
If it does, why can't this be saved avoiding the need for repeating scans?

Question: Can I work on my drive C SSD while Recuva deep scans drive D or will this negatively impact scan results - I seem to have read this somewhere, although it was a generic statement which may not apply to a 2 disk drive PC.

Thank you!

David

• Moderators

It's been suggested a few times before, and although there is a likelyhood that some file will be modified or unavailable on a restart, that also applies to a certain extent when running Recuva anyway. I doubt if will be implemented, given how many times Recuva has been updated recently (around zero).

I can't see any real reason why you should not work on your system drive whilst running Recuva. It will slow things down a bit but I'm sure you can live with that.