Empty Recycle Bin doesn´t work

FabioA

Hello,

With the last version of CCleaner (5.62.75.38) I verified that the checked item Empty Recycle Bin doesn´t work. I have several files and folders in the recycle bin but CCleaner doesn´t clean them (in both modes, Easy Clean or Custom Clean). You can see the attached image: CCleaner results after loading "Analyse Empty Recycle Bin"; and behind of it, the amount of elements in the recycle bin.

Captura de pantalla (68)_LI.jpg

18 hours ago, Andavari said:

Try the Corrupted Recycle Bin Fix. It's a common issue, and attempting the fix won't break anything.

Thank you for your response. I´ll take it into account. I don´t know why, but today CClenaer works fine with the recycle bin item. Today the analysis indicates the same number of elements that the recycle bin has.

• Moderators

Just to check.

You don't have 'Only delete files in Recycle Bin older than 24 hours' selected do you?
It's in Options>Advanced.

If that is ticked then it could explain why CC will find them to delete today, but ignored them yesterday. (If you had only  put them in the bin yesterday or maybe the day before)

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

8 hours ago, nukecad said:

Just to check.

You don't have 'Only delete files in Recycle Bin older than 24 hours' selected do you?
It's in Options>Advanced.

If that is ticked then it could explain why CC will find them to delete today, but ignored them yesterday. (If you had only  put them in the bin yesterday or maybe the day before)

It´s a good point and you are right. That setting item was checked. I confirm that the cause of the false bug was that because all elements in the recycle bin had a time <24h. Thank you.