Cash-Back Offer requiring bank details

spotter

After using CCleaner for a number of years I purchased a renewal for CCleaner after a pop-up promising a £20 cash back deal appeared when I logged in (13-Sep-19)

However, despite paying using PayPal, after completing the checkout process, I then find out that I have to provide Bank account details to get my cashback because I live in the UK, while residence of the USA could get theirs refunded via PayPal.

I'm not prepared to divulge my bank account details for something like this, that's why I shop using PayPal as my preferred payment method, so needless to say I didn't get any cashback and ended up paying the full price. 
After contacting support for the cashback offer I was underwhelmed by a response which amounted to "well that's how the scheme is set up" that I didn't even bother to contact CCleaner support directly as the company doesn't appear to care.

My subscription is still active, but I can assure you that I will not be renewing it when the current subscription runs out.

• Moderators

I've pointed piriform staff to this thread

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Admin
17 hours ago, spotter said:

I have to provide Bank account details to get my cashback [...]

I'm not prepared to divulge my bank account details for something like this [...]

I didn't even bother to contact CCleaner support directly [...]

@spotter: Note that if you supply your bank account details to the cashback redemption provider (Opia, who also handles cashback for the likes of Samsung, Dixons, Sky, Intel, Microsoft, HP, Lenovo, Dell, etc) the only thing that they are able to do with this information is to give you money.

Nevertheless, if this is a concern for you then you can contact CCleaner support (support@ccleaner.com) for an alternative method to get your £20 back to you - refunded via your original payment method.  Note that this will take a bit longer to get your cashback to you due to the manual checks involved, so they will probably recommend that you take the more streamlined and automated route.  If you are happy to wait the extra time, then point them to this thread or tell them that "Dave sent you" to shortcut any "are you sure?" responses.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes