Costs after first year

Steven1964

Hello Everyone,

Ik just have one question to which I cannot find any information in the offers of the payed versions of CCleaner. The costs in the first year are clear to me. But piriform self talks about buying the versions of professional and professional plus. In my opinion the word "buy" suggests that the costs after the first year go on, but cannot be as high as the pricethat one pays for the first year. Or is it the same price for each version after all  that you pay when you buy it ?

So my question is. Can anybody tell me what ccleaner costs in the professional and professional plus versions after the first year is over if you want to keep using it including all the benefits and support ?

I would be glad to hear.

Steven.

• Moderators

There is no lower price for reupping you subscription, It is the same price

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...

Good question.

And I have a related question: has the price for a one-year renewal of CCleaner Pro doubled since last year?

After several years of using the free version, last year I decided to upgrade to Pro. The software worked fine, I was happy with it, and I am willing to help the people who work on the product. So I paid.  The first year of my subscription is just about up, and when I turn on my computer a pop-up message appears offering a "loyalty discount." So I clicked on the link and started going through the renewal process. However, there was no indication that a "loyalty discount" had been applied, or would be applied later in the purchase process. So I backed out and halted the renewal process. The price is significantly higher than I recall paying last year.

Seriously, Piriform needs to be EXPLICIT about what is included in a purchase. Amazon does that. Amazon EXPLICITLY tells customers if they have a coupon or discount code they can apply it later in the check-out process. Or that it has been already applied. But DO NOT LET CUSTOMERS WONDER.

And if I start up CCleaner and go through the software itself, looking to renew my subscription, I seem to be presented a different price again. Really!?!?

If you want to have a professional customer-facing company, you really need to be consistent and explicit about what is being offered and bought, Otherwise, it looks like you are trying to be sneaky about what customers are getting for their money.

• Admin
On 11/11/2019 at 18:25, DavidB said:

has the price for a one-year renewal of CCleaner Pro doubled since last year?

If you bought during the 50%-off Black Friday sale last year and paid half price then yes - this sounds about right.

On 11/11/2019 at 18:25, DavidB said:

However, there was no indication that a "loyalty discount" had been applied, or would be applied later in the purchase process

The page that you landed on would have shown three product options with strikethrough pricing and "save xx" marked against items that were discounted.  If you saw prices higher than you expected, note that the discounts shown would be reductions against full price - not an additional discount on last year's sale price.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes