CCleaner expires today? 3 months before !

user20182019

why again get this pop-up windows, like month before?

"cc-cleaner expires today" it was 3 months before more, august last?

now 12.9 .. expires really december 2019 ..again long time !

and worse , is i paid it once month start of this month, but it gave me only 9 months when i paid for year!

then this cleverbridge gave me my money back and i continued use old code.

So there you have massive, massive BUG. It give wrong pop-ups and if pay, it give wrong time!

I should have got time when pay month 9/2019, to starting from expire day december 2019 - to december 2020 and +3 months, but instead of new expire day about 2-3/2021.

It gave : 9 / 2020! So massive BUG.

Solution: do not send pop-ups many months BEFORE expiration! And if someone pays, add time starting from REAL expire day! not from that day, when pay!

badmistake.jpg

when i paid, i did not use although pop-up links immediately but later i paid some other way, but anyway, it gave me wrong time

when started from month 9, not add to old expire day.

And this type program, when it works quite well in free version too, are these offers any good to those who would pay??

• Moderators

This sounds like something has gone very wrong with the renewal notification software and it will take a member of staff to look at it.

Ping for @Dave CCleaner

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Apparently there was a glitch for a short time this morning that caused some users to see these false expiry messages.

We are told that "This has now been resolved so all licences should now be showing the correct status."

Which wizlon's post confirms.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

There are a couple of points to cover here which may impact the posters above, and other people reading this thread:

On the matter that triggered this email thread, there was a brief outage with the licence server earlier today which may have resulted in some weirdness, but that has now been resolved as @wizlon mentioned. We have already started work on completely replacing our back-end licensing systems, but in the meantime corrective action is being taken to improve performance and stability.

However, we so also sometimes have customers asking us why they are getting messages that they have expired or are still on the free version of CCleaner when they have recently purchased. If this is happening to you be sure to check Options > About in the CCleaner console and check that you have entered the serial key that you purchased if you are getting messages saying that you are on the free product.  if you are getting messages saying that you have expired (or will expire) sooner than expected it may be that when you purchased you were issued with a new serial key with a new expiry date that you need to enter.

As a side note, if you renew early then you should not lose any time off your licence - if you expire in December 2019 and renew in October 2019 then your licence will run until December 2020.  If when you renew you also upgrade from CCleaner, Defraggler, Speccy or Recuva to the all-in-one CCleaner Pro Plus bundle then this may not be automatic - please allow up to 14 days for your extra time to be credited to your new licence serial key.  If after 14 days you are still not seeing what you should with your expiry date then please poke the custmer support team at support@ccleaner.com and they'll cheerfully sort it out for you.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

I activated my copy of CCleaner Pro last night and was given an expiry date of August 2, 2019. So my expiry date is actually showing as before I even downloaded and activated the software. It has not updated and as of this morning, it is still showing the expiry date from last month. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sad but true, I just bought a two year/3 computer license for CCleaner, and just a few months later surprise, my license expired today.  Really, that's marketing?  It used to be called double billing, and it is still a serious crime.  But on on the internet it's ok though.  Do you really think I'm going to buy another license after this?  Really really? 

I bought it (pro version) in july this year and today it expired, wtf?

And i had to create a new account here...my old accound could not be found.

I paid with paypal, so it should not be a problem getting my money back. 

Edited by Songan

• Admin

@AMP: I couldn't find a serial key registered to the same email address that you used to register for the forums.  I am assuming that you purchased the serial key online from CCleaner via our Cleverbridge ecommerce partner rather than some other reseller, and using a different email address? Has the problem already resolved itself?  If not, have you contacted customer support at support@ccleaner.com?  They are the experts at resolving licence key problems.

@Jaguar: You have a new licence key ending with WYMF that expires in August 2020 but you also have an old licence key that ends with UYMF that does indeed expire in October 2019.  When you go to Options > About > License Information inside the CCleaner console, does it show the old WYMF key or the new UYMF key?  If it shows the old one, then pasting in the new one (and the name from your order confirmation) should solve your problem.  If it does show the new one and you are still getting expiration messages then please contact customer support at support@ccleaner.com to get that cleaned up for you (specifying also if it is email, or in-product messages that are mentioning your expiry)

@KDG: Confirming that you have a new licence key ending with U4YF that expires in September 2021.  But you also have some old expired serial keys as well.  When you go to Options > About > License Information inside the CCleaner console, does it show the new U4YF key with your new expiry date?  If it shows one of your old expired ones, then pasting in the new one (and the name from your order confirmation) should solve your problem.  If it does show the new one and you are still getting expiration messages then please contact customer support at support@ccleaner.com to get that cleaned up for you (specifying also if it is email, or in-product messages that are mentioning your expiry)

@Songan: To confirm, your serial key beginning with C2Z5 does not expire until 30 June 2020. I note that your serial key is one of those ones that are tricky to type in ("2"s looks like "Z"s, "I"s look like "1"s, etc) so did you copy-paste in your serial or manually type it when you registered? When you go to Options > About > License Information inside the CCleaner console, what information do you see about expiry dates and validity?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup

@Dave CCleaner Thanks for your Reply. Soon after my post everything was good again. "License Information" was empty when i posted my comment, but soon after that it went back to normal and now its showing everything (expiration date etc.) again. And i do no longer get a popup reminding me that my subscription is about to run out. 

The fault wasnt cleary on my side...i copy and pasted the serial from an email i got, when i purchased it and it worked perfectly fine until a few days ago.

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to CCleaner expires today? 3 months before !
  • Admin

@Songan: Our licence server has been a trifle temperamental of late.  Sounds like you may have been a victim of one of its transitory tantrums. We're giving it an upgrade a little later this month which should see it stop it's occasional hoaxing of customers.

@AMP: Your serial key didn't come in a retail box bundled with AVG by any chance did it?