Micro Sd card is not recognized at all

markip

Hello. I have a corrupted micro sd card that is not recognized at all. I put it in a usb adapter and only the adapter is recognized by the system. I tried it in another computer, and with micro sd adapter and this happens again, it is like it doesn't exist. I get not errors at my pc it is like completely unrecognizable. I tried recuva but it doen't recognize the volumn, i tried to assign different letters but it is still like it doesn't exist at all. I even tried the chckdsk command but it says cannot access volume. My mobile phone recognizes it and gives me the corrupted sd message. Is there anything i can do ?

• 3 weeks later...

There's really only so much you can do. Try it in different PCs. Even try different older/newer versions of Windows. Try a different OS (Linux). Linux is free and you don't have to install it to run it. It can run via VM or on a live USB. Linux also has gparted partitioning software that might help but it's limited in its rescuing abilities.

Have you tried diskpart.exe via Powershell/Command Prompt?

Lastly consider that it may be physically damaged and in this case it's big bucks to mail it off to a recovery service with no guarantees so it may just be dead. I have a 32GB SDXC that I have tried everything mentioned here, other than sending it off with no success. It has bad sectors that almost nothing reads. The one program that did read it couldn't do anything with the bad sectors in the middle. I tried cloning an image so I could have that to recover from and that failed too. It's. Just. Dead. 

Recuva is a solid product though. I used it to scrape deleted files from a 10 year old 2GB Sony Micro m2 card that came out of my Sony-Ericsson W810 ten years prior. Worth every penny.

Edited by konazxiii