ewido out of beta

hazelnut

• Moderators

Any particular reason?

• The memory problem/sluggish system performance I noticed with 3.5 after a scan is probably 30%-40% cured in 4.0.

• The GUI in 4.0! Looks modern and sleek!

• Much more information in the scan settings as to what it can scan

Now if they'd only add a full featured anti-virus into it I'd think about buying it.

As a fan of ewido,I chose to again buy.as my license was up for renewal.

downloaded free 4.0 after uninstalling 3.5 and then cleaning.

entered my new license key to buy,no probs so far however, trying to get it to understand i wanted to pay in GBP instead of US dollars was a nightmare!

after three goes of re-entering my details it still came up with us dollar so in the end i just ignored it and carried on,so my bank will now get a request for dollars to be paid out instead. <_<

I am very happy with the new version though. :)

Some info:

During installation, there are no longer the "Additional Options" to uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu". These are installed by default and can only be disabled after installation via the main screen when Ewido is launched.

After launching Ewido, you can select "Change state" to inactivate 'Resident Sheild' and 'Automatic Updates'. If you choose to do this, then right click on ewdio in the system tray and uncheck "Start with Windows" to keep it from running at startup.

overall i think version 4 is better then the previous but i have encounterd a few bugs.

1. right clicking on tray icon not working after doing a manuel update. i have to stop/start services in order to make the tray icon clickable again.

2. i few problems with the font displaying properly in the scan window.

3. while i dont think its a bug but the downloads takes forever to install when compared to version 3.5.

not a bug on Ewido's part but Spybot S&D detects the new version as spy/adware

Lunarsoft.png2vl89qo.gif

Any particular reason?

• The memory problem/sluggish system performance I noticed with 3.5 after a scan is probably 30%-40% cured in 4.0.

• The GUI in 4.0! Looks modern and sleek!

• Much more information in the scan settings as to what it can scan

Now if they'd only add a full featured anti-virus into it I'd think about buying it.