CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dago

CCleaner install hang on Windows 7

Just downloaded CCleaner on my windows 10 and it works great. Downloaded it on wife's windows 7 and it hangs up at 24%.

Uninstalled it on windows 7 and reinstalled but get the same result of 24%. Also 3 icons shortcuts can no longer open. Help

12 hours ago, Andavari said:

See if anything in here helps, especially the part about end tasking any CCleaner processes running in the background before trying the install/upgrade:
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/5739-solution-when-ccleaner-wont-install-or-download-windows/

I need to retract the issue about the download on windows 7. By the time I got back to it CCleaner had completed the scan. Evidently the computer was so filled with junk it took an extraordinary amount of time to get passed the 24%. It cleaned over 18,000 pieces of junk and 880 trackers. CCleaner does a great job! DAGO 

Thanks for the update.

I assume that was the first time CC had been run on that Win 7 machine so found a lot of crap to clean that had accumulated over the years.

It might be a good idea to now run a defragmenter such as Defraggler (oops is that advertising?).