CCleaner Community Forums
Herault_lad

Duplicate Finder suggestion

This may sound a bit odd but I would find a non-duplicate finder useful ! For example to compare between 2 big backups to locate the differences not the duplicates. I don't think there would need to be a delete facility.

There are specialized tools (such as treecomp) that do this, I think this is well past what ccleaner is for.  However the developers do read suggestions and often implement them in the program.

59 minutes ago, Nergal said:

However the developers do read suggestions and often implement them in the program.

We are always looking for new features to add.  All of the suggestions from the forum are read and considered and most of them end up on the developer's to-do list.  Depending on the level of demand and the level of complexity some things may be implemented quickly, and others may find themselves "queue-jumped" for a while.

Comparing backups may potentially fit within CCleaner's function set if the purpose was saving space - removing unchanged files from subsequent backups to create a differential set.  @Herault_lad were you thinking of this for the CCleaner Cloud business product or the CCleaner home desktop product (or both)?