how do I stop detailed view

evie127

I have seen the two icons like it shows in "Easy Clean".  Now all of a sudden, with no updates, it shows only a detailed view without my ability to change it back.  I want the two icons back, is there a way to do that?  I've attached a screen shot of what it used to look like.  I'm sure everyone knows what the detailed view looks like since when I searched all I found was people wanting the detailed view back.  Thank you in advance

Untitled.jpg.f2751016113d9ac21d694a2a428aa963.jpg

• Moderators

Sounds as if you have changed the default to Custom Clean.

Go to Options>Settings and change 'CCleaner Home Screen' back to Easy Clean.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

First, thank you so much for your quick reply.  I've never liked easy clean since they added it, it doesn't really do much of anything.  I know my attachment shows what the easy clean looks like, but my custom clean used  to look like that even after the update that added the easy clean.  I want custom clean to look like my attachment, it did look like that until just a few days ago.  I don't remember an update recently, it just suddenly changed.  I can get used to the list if I have to,  I just prefer the  other look.

• Moderators

I don't recall custom clean ever looking like that.

There was for a short while a 'Quick Clean' option of Custom Clean that not everybody got to see. That was an early testing version of Easy Clean so had a similar screen - maybe that is what you are remembering.

I'm guessing here that that is what you were seeing until a couple of days ago and now it's updated and showing the two different cleans.

Edit. If you want to roll back a version (or two) and see if it's how you liked then 'filehipppo' has the older versions on the right of the page.  (Google it). But if you are using PRO then CC will update again unless you tell it not to.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Back in march they were called trackers like the quick clean option.  This is a picture of what you had replied to a post I asked about why it wasn't cleaning all the trackers anymore.  You called it the "simple display" back on March 4th.  Unless that is the same as the quick clean now, but the quick clean doesn't clear my firefox cache amongst other things that I want cleaned.  I can get the free version if I want it to do less.  I got used to it never clearing all the "trackers",  so I guess I'll get used to the detailed list now.  I don't want to go back. I want to keep it up to date.  Thank you again.

439982703_Screenshot_2019-09-01version5547708(64bit)doesnotcleanalltrackers.thumb.png.588eeaf9906c2213582cee936214c3f0.png

• Moderators

Yes it was in development back then and had a few names like 'Simple Display' and 'Quick Clean' while they were trying out different things.

PS. If you can see my signature below this post it links to a better verison of what I said in that screenshot.