Ccleaner wipes Firefox cache unwanted in Easy Mode

hageha

I'm using CCleaner successfully with two exceptions.

I definitely don't want to having wiped out the Firefox cache and the history of Adobe Acrobat Reader.

This doesn't take place when starting the Custom Clean process, but in the Easy Clean section, despite I excluded the folder where the FF cache is located.

In the Custom Clean process CCleaner doesn't wipe out tracking cookies, so I want to start both processes.

Settings for the Acrobat Reader I didn't found.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Hans

• Moderators

Easy Clean uses it's own settings and will do it's own thing regardless of your other settings.
Easy Clean does not respect what you have ticked or unticked, you must use Custom Clean to do that.

Custom Clean does remove the cookies - (unless you tell it not to).
It just doesn't call them 'tracking' cookies - see the link at the bottom of this post.

The CCleaner setting for Adobe Reader can be found under the CCleaner 'Applications' tab.
It's about halfway down and is 'Adobe Reader DC'.

There is also a setting in Reader itself which turns on/off the saving of history / recent files.
Open Adobe Reader and go to Edit>Preferences>Documents and you should see the option 'Documents in recently used list' - if that is set to 0 then no recent list will be saved.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi, I have an additional question but directing into the the same sense:

If I only start the customized clean and look into the cookies settings, then not only the cookies to keep ar present, but the unwanted cookies on the Computer, too. This is not the case when using easy clean - then all unwanted cookies are wiped out. This looks a little bit strange, as I expected the unwanted cookies to be handled, too.

can you help?

Regards

Hans

• Moderators

I'm not sure just what you are saying there?

Are you saying that Easy Clean is not deleting any cookies at all?

Or are you meaning that Easy Clean is removing your 'Cookies to Keep'?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I have to apologize to you. What I meant was, that in custom clean, not all cookies are wiped out and were still visible.

But, my mistake, I did'nt check "cookies" in the settings for Chrome. So some cookies remained.

Now everything is ok.

Regards

Hans