Microsoft warns of 8 "critical" security flaws

Humpty

quote:

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday warned of eight "critical" security flaws in its Windows operating system and Office software that could allow attackers to take control of a computer.

Microsoft, whose Windows operating system runs on 90 percent of the world's computers, issued patches to fix the problems as part of its monthly security bulletin. It was the biggest such update since February 2005.

Story

HOLY CRAP!...8?

did you ever think to wonder that the hackers out there try very hard to crack windows in order to exploit it..not so much that it's Microsofts fault that everyday someone has done their homework to find ways to exploit them.

Lunarsoft.png2vl89qo.gif

• Moderators

It found 11 updates for me, of which I installed 10. Of course since I don't use Outlook and forcefully removed it I never download the email filter update for it as it isn't necessary to patch software that isn't even installed.

You know really this is not a surprise, its not like there isnt any security flaws its jsut a case in who finds them, microsoft or some would be hacker? either way they are found and solved, no biggy, i dont and will never consider windows to be completely safe, its popularity forces it to be a obvious magnet for trouble, moving to another operating system might help now, but if that becomes more popular then security flaws there will be found too. just dont be too hard on them :P

You know really this is not a surprise, its not like there isnt any security flaws its jsut a case in who finds them, microsoft or some would be hacker? either way they are found and solved, no biggy, i dont and will never consider windows to be completely safe, its popularity forces it to be a obvious magnet for trouble, moving to another operating system might help now, but if that becomes more popular then security flaws there will be found too. just dont be too hard on them :P

exactly!

Lunarsoft.png2vl89qo.gif