g force xfx 5500

mambonike

i have g-force xfx 5500 nad i have a realy big bad something here when i play any game any type the graphic begain coool and good and begain 2 be bad and slow and then be normal and then slow again so what i can do

by the way when i buy the card it worked so good and nothing of this happend

i have 512 DDR

prossoer 2.6 cash 265

Dude...I can hardly understand your post....take your time and type slower and in clear, concise EnglishI

I guess what you are trying to say is that your Geforce XFX 5500 card used to run totally fine, and now, when playing games, it starts off okay, but it slowly degrades to the point where it is slow and the graphics look like crap.

And I am assuming that you also have 512 MB of DDR RAM, and a 2.6 gHz processor with a 256 cache.

________________________________________________________________________________

Have you overclocked your card at all? Cause if you did, you possibly fried the card. However, the symptoms I've heard for this is a "digital static" that comes up on the screen.

Did you recently update the drivers or firmware? If you did, make sure you used the right ones.

Get back and see if you have updated anything, and make sure you did it correctly.

AJ

You gotta throw out half because they suck.

And then lokoike goes over to the trash when nobody is looking and picks them out because he can't afford food now that he went and spent an exhorbatent sum of money on a shiny new computer. :D (I'll post the specs as soon as I've finished building it)

@ mambonike: Have you recently installed any software that runs in the background, such as a P2P/torrent app (Shareaza, Limewire, etc.) or a firewall? The reason I ask is because these programs can hog a lot of resources and slow down your computer significantly. It can also cause temporary, periodic bottlenecks in games, which is what your problem seems to be (assuming I read it right :P ).

Try to get back to us whenever you get a chance. We'd love to help you out! :)

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Hey mambonike,

Your problem could be audio. I had the same problem. If you don't have a sound card, the sound chip on the motherboard can use a lot of resources when you get to a place in the game where there is a lot on noise, explosions, loud machines, etc. This will cause the game to get slow and choppy in these areas and clear up when the noise drops off. If you don't have a sound card, this will help.

1. Be sure you have the latest audio drivers for you computer.

2. Go to Control Panel and open DirectX.

3. Click on the DxDiag button.

4. Click on the Sound tab.

5. Set Hardware Sound Acceleration Level to the second notch and exit back to Control Panel.

6. Open Sounds and Audio Devices.

7. Click on the Audio tab.

8. Under Sound Playback, click the Advanced button.

9. Click the Performance tab.

10. Set Hardware Acceleration to the second notch, set Sample Rate Conversion Quality to the center notch and click OK.

If you don't have the latest driver, the Hardware Acceleration in Sound and Audio Devices will go back to the default setting every time you boot up. DirectX will stay where you set it.