CCleaner Community Forums

After running a "Booster" option on my Samsung S9+ CCleaner for Android and choosing 40+ apps to hibernate, CCleaner happily reports them as "stopped", but within a few minutes to a couple of hours they are all being reported as Active, I then re-run the Booster option and stop them just to have them re-activate.  It is frustrating in that I haven't opened ANY of them but they "wake up" again.  

Edited by samdizzy
typo

I've not used it, is there a 'Disable' option or similar?

Hibernate just means 'go to sleep for a while' so you would expect them to wake up again. (At least I would).

Thanks nukecad; I will select 5 of the ones that come "back" (they are ~43) and go to settings and "force stop" them and will post back.  BTW, your "Out of Beer Error" reminded me of judge Kavanaugh ... "I LIKE BEER" 

Well I'm sat in the pub at the moment so my beer meter is at an acceptable level, and getting towards 'full'.

I thought with my Pro CCleaner that once I select any app to be hibernated they stay that way until I open it again.....so, this is  NOT true??

Can someone clear this up for me? 

Edited by katanaguy
mispelling

'Hibernate' just means go to sleep for a while.

How long that 'while' is will depend on each app, and what you have set that app to do in it's own settings.

CCleaner can tell them to hibernate but it can't tell them when to wake up again.

It may be next time you open the app, or the next time you  swipe the screen on, or the next time you.... , or it may be simply after so many minutes.
You would have to set that in each app, if the app allows you to do that.

If the apps don't remain hibernated until you use them again, and also for less than say 4 hours, and you have to go into settings to force stop them, then it would seem to me that that part of ccleaner is a gimmick.