SOLVED: Failed To Get Installed Software From Definitions (Software Updater)

• Admin
12 hours ago, TheEdCase said:

I suspect something in the Win 10 update has invalidated part of the CC code.

No. As per the above it was purely a server-side issue and not related to Windows or the client version of the software. This has now been resolved as of 0900 UK time, and Software Updater should now be functioning normally. No other CCleaner functions were impacted.

Update: Note that this error message would have been seen by paid and trial users, as well as free users navigating to the Software Updater screen
Update: Merged the 4 threads on this topic.

Edited by Dave CCleaner
additional notes added

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

1 hour ago, Dave CCleaner said:

No. As per the above it was a server-side issue. This has now been resolved and Software Updater should now be functioning normally.

Wonderful. I've just tried it and, while it isn't recognising the need for any updates (which is what I expected), there's no error message. I think I can safely say that the issue has been resolved so far as I'm concerned. Thanks to those working on the server for their hard work, and to you for informing us.

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to SOLVED: Failed To Get Installed Software From Definitions (Software Updater)