Avast CEO paid peanuts

Augeas

• Moderators

And not many peanuts for all that. Avast's new chief executive Ondrej Vicek has waived his salary and bonus and will take just $1 a year indefinitely. He's also donating his $100,000 board fee to charity (he can still receive shares in the company's incentive plan).. The previous CE Vincent Steckler was paid $512,653 salary plus a bonus of $632,627 last year.

When did Avast lose its ! by the way?

I'll answer that myself. The original Avast! blob logo was designed in-house by Martin Novak in 2010. It was redesigned and lost the exclamation mark in late 2016.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this is off-topic but I'm curious... I know that Avast bought Priform a couple of years ago but is Piriform still based in the UK? I've looked on wikipedia and see that Avast is a Czech based company. The Piriform management team (listed on the About Us page at this website) seem to be London based. I'd like to think that the company is still London based! As I posted, it's just curiosity that has got me wondering. It's a long time since I've visited this forum so I'm a bit out touch (I see there's still a number of posters here who I recognise from years ago, so hi!).

• Admin
4 hours ago, Robbie said:

Apologies if this is off-topic but I'm curious... I know that Avast bought Priform a couple of years ago but is Piriform still based in the UK? I've looked on wikipedia and see that Avast is a Czech based company. The Piriform management team (listed on the About Us page at this website) seem to be London based. I'd like to think that the company is still London based! As I posted, it's just curiosity that has got me wondering. It's a long time since I've visited this forum so I'm a bit out touch (I see there's still a number of posters here who I recognise from years ago, so hi!).

Welcome back!  We are pretty much all in the London office (this shiny glass thing here) - except for a few folks in North America. Disappointingly, my suggestion that we should open up an office on the Costa Del Sol have so far been ignored.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Dave CCleaner said:

Disappointingly, my suggestion that we should open up an office on the Costa Del Sol have so far been ignored.

You'd never get anything done, the website would state Under Construction, and then underneath it an image of a beach ball with the text On Vacation.:lol:

• Admin
7 hours ago, Andavari said:

You'd never get anything done, the website would state Under Construction, and then underneath it an image of a beach ball with the text On Vacation.:lol:

I used to have a team in Madrid who were extremely hard workers. But yeah, Brits in Spain would probably think they were on holiday. So Holborn it shall remain. Instead of outdoor dining on the Costa del Sol we have the outdoor seating at Costa Coffee downstairs - but we'll get more done.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes