Deletes MS Office 365

CeeDee

• Moderators

I'm not sure just what you mean by "deletes Office 365"? CCleaner should not delete any programme, only it's junk files.
Office 365 is online anyway so isn't 'installed' on your computer.

Do you mean that your automatic login is being removed? Something else?

Easy Clean uses default cleaning rules set by Piriform. Custom clean uses your own settings/preferences.

Try this
If it's your login that's being removed then I believe (not sure) that by default Office 365 stores them with IE passwords.
Open Custom Clean and under Internet Explorer untick 'Saved Passwords' (and possibly Autocomplete form history).
If you are using a different browser to access Office 365 then untick 'Saved Passwords' for that browser.

(This doesn't seem to be a registry cleaner issue, but just in case - don't use the registry cleaner, especially with Windows 10).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

Actually uninstalling software is a separate function under Tools > Uninstall.

What shows up in your list of Applications to clean under Custom Clean > Applications?

image.png

Also under Custom Clean > Windows.  Are you certain that Office is being completely uninstalled? Or is it just that the Start Menu and Desktop shortcuts have been wiped?

image.png

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators

Hi Dave,

CeeDee seems to be talking about Office 365, which is cloud based not installed.
(Although it will install offline versions of the software I don't see a clean removing them).

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Dave CCleaner: Applications show both Office 2013 and Office 2016, both are unticked. However, I suspect that you are right it is the Start Menu and Desktop shortcuts that are disappearing which means that I have to re-install to get them back. Whether it is actually CCleaner which is the cause or not, I cannot prove. The EasyClean doesn't have this effect, just the Custom Clean.

Thanks to all for your replies and help.

• Moderators

In Custom Clean, on the Windows tab under 'System' do you have 'Start Menu Shortcuts' and Desktop Shortcuts' ticked?

I believe they are unticked by default (which will also the be default of Easy Clean) but you may have inadvertently ticked them somehow.

• Moderators

It's telling that Custom Clean removes them but not Easy Clean.

Now if we had a list of the Easy Clean defaults to compare with your Custom settings then it would be easier to see what's different between them.

But AFAIK a list of EC defaults has not yet been published.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, nukecad said:

Hi Dave,

CeeDee seems to be talking about Office 365, which is cloud based not installed.
(Although it will install offline versions of the software I don't see a clean removing them).

AFAIK 365 installs its programs, the subscription just means it'll give you yearly versions of office

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

As I understand it 365 is cloud based, saves everything in the cloud (if you work offline it uploads that work next time you connect) and so can sync documents from the cloud to all your devices, and any other device if you log on to 365.

There again I've used an alternative to Office for years.

• Moderators

We're getting a bit OT but it only default saves to onedrive you can still use local drive instead

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

True,  it's OT.

But sometimes going OT (thinking 'outside the box') helps work out just what the problem may be.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, nukecad said:

True,  it's OT.

But sometimes going OT (thinking 'outside the box') helps work out just what the problem may be.

True nuff

i mean office 365 is the same "installation" as ms office 2010 starter (click & run) only cached on the os

Once fully downloaded, the product is cached locally, and users are free to disconnect from the internet and continue using their Office products:

The products still run locally utilizing the PC’s resources, they don’t “run in the cloud”.

Click-to-Run products are virtualized

do you use "winapp2.ini"?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 2 months later...
On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 03:56, CeeDee said:

If I use Easyclean then all appears to go well, however if I use the main CCleaner, it deletes Office 365 which I have to re-install. Any ideas why this happens please?

With Office 365 reinstalled, remove Ms OneDrive program from the PC.  Run Ccleaner and then verify that Office 365 functions okay.  If you use OneDrive, go out to Microsoft and reinstall the latest version of OneDrive.  Corruption of the Office programs executables should not occur anymore when running Ccleaner.  Works for me.  Good Luck.

• 1 month later...

Oldish thread now, but I'm seeing the same behaviour.  I have Office 365 (not cloud-based, it's the latest Microsoft version installed locally) and sometimes when I run a full Custom clean with CCleaner it somehow corrupts Office requiring it to be completely reinstalled.  It's not just the Start menu and shortcuts, it's something deeper than that.  Doesn't happen every time, so doesn't appear to be related to preferences ticked in CCleaner, but having just gone through my 3rd download and reinstall of Office 365 my solution is - I've stopped using CCleaner!

• Moderators

On my old XP computer which has Office installed I had setup exclusions of Office to protect it against accidental or intentional cleaning.

You can accomplish the exclusions by doing this (sort of Advanced):
1. Repair/Install Office if it isn't working correct.
2. In CCleaner go into Options > Exclude
2a. Add the folder paths to Office, be it in Program Files, ProgramData, App Data, etc., possibly in all those areas.
2b. Add in the registry paths to Office to protect settings.
3. In CCleaner untick/disable anything related to Office that it can/would clean.