CCleaner Community Forums
copakeman

CC Professional 2nd computer doesn't accept key

Hi I have had to replace hard drives problems on 2 computers. I reinstalled CCleaner Professional on both. CCleaner, accepted the key, worked on 1 computer, on the other CCleaner would not accept the key you sent me. That same key worked on 1 but not the other. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded new CCleaner and installed it. I cleaned my registry after every uninstall. How can I resolve this problem. I had purchased  CCleaner Professional a few years ago and like its function. I am using windows 10 (legal version from ms) on both computers. The same software exist on both computers. These are very basic computers.  CCleaner Professional did work on the 2nd before I replaced the hard drive. Please help me and give me instructions to fix this problem  Ask me if you need more information. Thank you.

c

@copakeman support would usually be the best folks to check the status of your serial number.  But since you are already here, I have sent you a DM to check it for you to see if anything is amiss.

This will end up as part of a larger pinned FAQ article, but in the meantime some notes for anyone else who reads this thread with a similar issue:

1. The most common reason for customers reporting serials keys not working is mistyping the key - especially when registering a new computer and using a serial key that has been hand-copied onto paper (is that a "2" or a "Z"? etc). 
  2. To reduce frustration, we recommend that you copy-paste the serial key from your purchase confirmation email into the product.
  3. If you bought a while ago and cannot find the email with your serial key, you can retrieve it from https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup using the email address that you used when you purchased.

... and if that doesn't work, customers with a current paid licence can always get priority support from our customer care team by filing a ticket here https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or at support@ccleaner.com.