Hide files

kFor

• Admin

Do you mean you want to secure delete them so that they cannot be recovered?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators

Svchost.exe deleted? Hmm.

I assume you want the file names removing, as the file content is probably not sensitive and is not available on an SSD with TRIM anyway. I also assume that the file system is NTFS.

As what you are listing with Recuva is just a file name, and the contents have long gone, I would ignore them unless you have a specific reason to remove them. Remving (or overwriting) the file name is rather awkward, but you can do it yourself fairly efficiently.

Run Recuva and estimate how far down the list the file names are. Create a folder with a random name anywhere. Create a small file in that folder with a random name with notepad or similar containing say, a few zeroes. Create another nine files so you have ten in total. Create another random named folder and copy your ten files into it. Repeat until you have ten folders and 100 files. Group the ten folders under another folder, and copy that ten times, giving you a thousand files. Carry on until you have created as many files as svchost.exe is down Recuva's list of files.

Run Recuva again. If svchost.exe is still there it should be near to the top. If it's 100 from the top create/copy another 100 files. Run Recuva. Svchost should be gone. Delete all your folders. That's it.

1 hour ago, Augeas said:

Svchost.exe deleted? Hmm.

I assume you want the file names removing, as the file content is probably not sensitive and is not available on an SSD with TRIM anyway. I also assume that the file system is NTFS.

As what you are listing with Recuva is just a file name, and the contents have long gone, I would ignore them unless you have a specific reason to remove them. Remving (or overwriting) the file name is rather awkward, but you can do it yourself fairly efficiently.

Run Recuva and estimate how far down the list the file names are. Create a folder with a random name anywhere. Create a small file in that folder with a random name with notepad or similar containing say, a few zeroes. Create another nine files so you have ten in total. Create another random named folder and copy your ten files into it. Repeat until you have ten folders and 100 files. Group the ten folders under another folder, and copy that ten times, giving you a thousand files. Carry on until you have created as many files as svchost.exe is down Recuva's list of files.

Run Recuva again. If svchost.exe is still there it should be near to the top. If it's 100 from the top create/copy another 100 files. Run Recuva. Svchost should be gone. Delete all your folders. That's it.

That is, if you do it the way you wrote, then scvhst.exe will not be on this list at all?