Version 5.57 7182 (64-bit) Won't Display Easy Clean Mode

Version 5.57 7182 (64-bit) won't display Easy Clean mode. It just disappears! I already reinstalled it once and it came back, but now it disappeared again. I even restarted my system but that didn't work. How this is possible is beyond me. This is obviously a bug. Other than reinstalling it again, is there anything else that can be done to restore the Easy Clean mode?

• Admin

We have had a few reports of this. Just to confirm - were you connected to the internet the whole time? Have you made any custom tweaks to CCleaner registry entries or blocks in your Windows hosts file?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Yes I was connected to the internet the whole time. I rarely shut down my PC. I did not make any tweaks to the registry. I used the Easy Clean mode a few times, and also viewed it several times to see how many cookies were being added but didn't use it.

This is really strange. Just now, I closed my  browser (FF) and attempted to reopen it but it said it wasn't closed. I hit the prompt to close. Then just for the heck of it, I opened CCleaner and lo and behold, the Easy Clean mode returned!

This whole thing is really baffling to me because I didn't think it was possible for a particular feature in a program to just simply disappear.

Happened to my neighbor twice.  First time, a couple of days ago.  Easy Clean was gone.  Came back the next day.  And, it just happened again right now for the second time.  She doesn't like the feature so she doesn't care if it comes back or not.  Probably eventually will.  What's strange is that we have essentially the same computers, both always have internet access and we both use the latest free version of CCleaner.  My Easy Clean has never vanished on its own.  Go figure.

• Moderators

Whether it's displayed or not is controlled by a registry entry setting. Which is why Dave CCleaner was asking above.

If you haven't been 'playing' with the registry then it sounds like something else is changing it, which may be a bug in CC (probably is) or may be something else.

I suppose the next relevant question is are you using the registry cleaner?

It would be ironic if CCleaner was deleting it's own registry entries.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

2 minutes ago, nukecad said:

Whether it's displayed or not is controlled by a registry entry setting. Which is why Dave CCleaner was asking above.

If you haven't been 'playing' with the registry then it sounds like something else is changing it, which may be a bug in CC (probably is) or may be something else.

My neighbor and I do not use the registry cleaner.  However, we both have Windows 10 and last week there were several cumulative updates in advance of 1903 which we both got on the 21st.  Her Easy Clean disappearance occurred both before and after 1903 installation and like I said, mine never disappeared.  So, I doubt it's a Windows thing (but who knows?).  I'm leaning toward a bug since Dave CCleaner said it has been reported before.   No custom tweaks in the registry cleaner and no block in Windows hosts files.

3 hours ago, nukecad said:

I haven't used the registry cleaner for months. I rarely ever use it to prevent possible negative effects on my PC. Windows hasn't been updated since this version of CCleaner.

• Moderators

As I say the display of Easy Clean (and Software Updater, and ....) is controled by a registry entry.

I know this because I have played with them and can turn them off/on at will by changing the value of reg. entries.

Although if I turn them off they will sometimes (not always) come back after a restart, which shows that CCleaner will modify them itself at times.

I guess that in your cases some component of CCleaner is turning them off by mistake?

We'll have to wait for Dave or the devs. to track it down.

PS. I've also got 1903 on and haven't had any issues.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

@nukecad-- Thanks for info and I'll relay it to my neighbor.  If her Easy Clean comes back by itself like it did the first time, I'll post again.  As stated above, my Easy Clean is always there and has never disappeared.

32 minutes ago, Judesman said:

I don't even have the 1809 update but "Easy Clean" still vanishes and re-appears.

It doesn't appear to be a Windows thing.  It's something in CCleaner and the devs probably have to sort it out.  Now, as far as my neighbor is concerned, her Easy Clean disappeared for the second time on Saturday.  As of this writing, it's still gone.  Mine is still there and has never vanished.

On 5/25/2019 at 06:41, Dave CCleaner said:

We have had a few reports of this. Just to confirm - were you connected to the internet the whole time? Have you made any custom tweaks to CCleaner registry entries or blocks in your Windows hosts file?

Connected to the internet, registry entries and host files sounds like remote access on/off switch. 

cCleaner portable: 5.57.7182 (x64)

1. Easy Clean was not on dashboard when I originally installed
  2. Easy Clean auto-magically appeared on the dashboard today - WTF!
  3. Easy Clean  will make certain that new users don't use cCleaner. The default clean, now called Custom Clean, is fine, even for novices. Calling standard cleaner custom will frighten novices. Don't rename  Cleaner option, do away with Easy Clean option.
  4. If you must include a really dumb and useless option, allow users to choose. BTW, I also do not like the Cleaning results level of detail options - the summary is just as useless as Easy Clean.
  5. I have all updates turned off, and yet Easy Clean came outta nowhere.

The portable version can be downloaded here
https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

If you want portable versions of Piriform's over products, replace ccleaner/builds in the above URL with the product/builds
https://www.ccleaner.com/defraggler/builds
https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/builds

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/builds

Unzip the products to a thumbdrive and you can run them on any machine without having to install the products on each machine.

Easy Clean resolution on the portable version.

1. Navigate to the folder containing cCleaner
  2. Copy cCleaner.ini to cCleaner.in!
  3. Edit cCleaner.ini
  4. Show Easy Clean
    Change (Cfg)QuickClean=0 to (Cfg)QuickClean=1

Hide Easy Clean
    Change (Cfg)QuickClean=1 to (Cfg)QuickClean=0
  5. Save cCleaner.ini
  6. Relaunch cCleaner

There might be similar entries in the Registry for the installed version, but there aren't any for the portable version, other than location, compatibility, skipUAC, bags, etc.

• Admin

Just by way of an update - a fix for impacted users is expected by mid next week.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup

4 minutes ago, Dave CCleaner said:

Just by way of an update - a fix for impacted users is expected by mid next week.

Thanks for the update.  And, by the way, my neighbor's Easy Clean, which disappeared last Saturday (the second time) came back this morning.  I'll let her know a fix is coming.

On 25/05/2019 at 11:41, Dave CCleaner said:

Why would the host file be of any relevance to software changes?

• Admin
2 hours ago, Nicon said:

Why would the host file be of any relevance to software changes?

Some people use the hosts file to manually block internet hosts.  This can interfere with the proper functioning of software that relies on retrieving information from the servers in question.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:51, Dave CCleaner said:

BTW, it came back again yesterday and is still showing. Weirdest thing ever. I'm glad a fix is scheduled to come out. So what is causing the problem?

For the first time since this thread started, my Easy Clean has disappeared.  Hopefully the expected fix will work.

EDIT:  Easy Clean came back on its own 6 hours after I posted.

Edited by crizal