Locked out Of CC after installing Tues 14 May 19 Update

Just installed W10 Tues update, Desktop CC Symbol now showing as a blank white page.

When I activate this white page W10 pop up with words " This App Cannot Run On Your PC. Find a version for your PC, Check with Software Supplier "

HELP.…......what do I do please ??

Am on Pro Version

Edited by atttim
More info added

• Admin
11 minutes ago, atttim said:

Just installed W10 Tues update, Desktop CC Symbol now showing as a blank white page.

When I activate this white page W10 pop up with words " This App Cannot Run On Your PC. Find a version for your PC, Check with Software Supplier "

HELP.…......what do I do please ??

Am on Pro Version

Older versions of CCleaner are incompatible with the latest version of Windows.  If you upgrade your CCleaner to the latest version (https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download) you should be good to go!

That said though, Microsoft should have a link in the message to help you get directly to downloading the new version.  Are you able to screenshot that W10 message for us please?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

1. The version I was running V5.56.7144 64bit, had no problems running before the W10 Update of last Tuesday

2. Its a Pro version and when it offered me the latest update, it would not update and remained the version prior to the offered latest update.

3.If I use your link above for the latest update, will I have to pay again for that version in the link ??? Your link is asking for money !!!

4. Cant send you a Screenshot as I don't know how to do it of the W10  pop up requested, if you can advise , I will try it ??

• Admin
11 minutes ago, atttim said:

1. The version I was running had no problems running before the W10 Update of last Tuesday

2. Its a Pro version and when it offered me the latest update, it would not update and remained the version prior to the offered latest update.

3.If I use your link above for the latest update, will I have to pay again for that version in the link ??? Your link is asking for money !!!

4. Cant send you a Screenshot as I don't know how to do it of the W10  pop up requested, if you can advise , I will try it ??

Sorry to hear you got stuck on the old version.  If your Pro licence hasn't expired there is absolutely no need to pay again. Dodge the blue "buy now" buttons and click the green "download" button to grab the latest version.

(... and don't worry if you aren't able to grab a picture of that error message)

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

So very strange goings on :

1. Activated your Link and attempted to install the latest version V5.57 > Directed to a W10 pop up telling me I was not permitted to load the CC App, followed advice on the W10 Pop Up and it directed me to a W10 SETTINGS page >APPS & FEATURES> and change Allow Apps Only From The Store to > Warn Me Before Installing Apps From Outside The Store.

2. Another W10 Pop Up  appeared like the first one above BUT now with the offer to INSTALL the CCleaner App, this I did and the latest vers V5.57 INSTALLED and runs perfectly.

I have never ever had to go thru this procedure when installing previous CCleaner Updates, so whats this all about ?? Will I or everyone now have to go throught this procedure for installing future CCleaner updates. Could this problem have been caused by last Tues W10 Auto Updates ??

• Moderators

It looks as if Windows may have changed that setting during the Windows update.

(Why? Who knows, it didn't change on mine but my Windows is Home not Pro which may make a difference. Pro versions used in an office may want to block employees from downloading 'unknown' apps).

If you leave it as you have set it now " Warn Me Before Installing Apps From Outside The Store " then it will do as it says and give you a warning anytime you try to install something from outside the Windows store, but will still let you install it.

If you don't want to see any warnings about installing non-store apps then change it to "Turn off app reccomendations".

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
1 hour ago, atttim said:

Thanks for that, just to say its CCleaner Pro I have and not W10 Pro, mine is also the W10 Home version.

Dunno then, Microsoft work in mysterious ways. :ph34r:

Which give me another thought - I don't have a Microsoft Account anymore (deleted it entirely, took 6 months they don't want you to delete one) maybe that was the difference?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043