CCleaner not starting

Okay so after some googling, quick search through forums here and there and i have yet to find a solution to why i can't get CCleaner to run at all. Installer works fine, uninstaller aswell, but for some reason when i try to run the app itself nothing happends. It doesn't appear in Task Manager, it doesn't give any errors, just plain nothing.

Running on Windows 10 Pro, 64bit with Avast free antivirus, tried disabling it, tried to run both x32 and x64 with and without admin rights, different compatibility modes and pretty much everything i could think of :/

• Moderators

How are you trying to launch CCleaner, Desktop icon?, Taskbar icon?, other?
And is it in the standard directory? (C:\Program Files\CCleaner\)

It sounds as if the shortcut linked to the icon may be pointing to the wrong thing.

(Unless it's actually opening and closing immediately for some reason, or something else is blocking it)

What happens if you navigate to it's location in File Explorer and double click on CCleaner64.exe (or CCleaner.exe) ?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Tried straight from the default folder, both just double click CCleaner64.exe and r-click run as admin, which pops the are you sure you want to run as admin but after that nothing.
And the version is the latest i got from here, as far as i know there is no other versions installed, guess i should go throu registery manually and remove every mention of CCleaner

Holy Batmanquotes or something, it was the first that popped in my mind, no offense.

I've been trying to get this up and running several times now, wonder why i have never tried that slim before...

• Moderators

More to the point I wonder why the slim worked and not the standard?

Once installed the .exe files are supposed to be identical.
(It's only the bundles/offers in the standard installer that are supposed to be different).

Maybe your AV was blocking the Standard installer because of the bundles and so it wasn't installing the main programme properly?
Then as there is no bundle in the slim your AV let it through?
Only guessing.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

That shouldn't make a difference.

I ony have CCleaner64.exe and uninst.exe. - Because I deliberately deleted all the rest as not needed/unwanted. (especially CCUpdate.exe).
CCleaner runs fine on my machine with just the one executable present.

There must have been something odd about the exe you originally had.
Or maybe the registry entries hadn't installed properly last time and installing the slim corrected them?

• Moderators

Turning off an AV is not the same as uninstalling it.

The only way to truely test is to uninstall Avast and try the full installer again.

As Avast owns CCleaner some might think it strange that a block could happen ...I don't.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com