Never again will I use CCleaner

I am sick to death of upgrading my CCleaner version and accidently forgettting to disable the installation of Avast.

I don't want it, never will.

So, for now I have to google (yet again) how to get rid of it.

I really wonder whether this post will ever get published.

7 minutes ago, jaredsparks said:

if you take your time when updating, it shouldn't be a problem to uncheck Avast.

I cannot disagree with you.

I have upgraded CCleaner many times, sometimes there is check box for installing Avast and sometimes not.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, afedupuser said:

I have upgraded CCleaner many times, sometimes there is check box for installing Avast and sometimes not.

That has been what people have reported for years with the Google installs slipping by, and now also with Avast. Although they were "supposed to have fixed that". It's one of the reasons I avoid installers (don't trust them from anyone) if possible, and go the portable route.

• Admin

Note that for the majority of installations (particularly reinstalling users) there is no checkbox - not because it is hidden but because there is no third party offer being made that time.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators

...and that would be because a registry key is created detailing not to ask for a particular amount of time that is at least when it pertains to any 3rd party Google offers, I don't know about the Avast offers.

If you forget to uncheck it then it's not the installers fault. You can use unchecky which is for average users who are not careful about reading everything and accept all defaults when installing programs.