File shredder to CCleaner

TheOwner

Hello,

I still missing this function in CCleaner. There is secure delete for everything in options and wipe free space, but no file shredder for selected files and folders only.

I dont need secure delete everything i have checked in CCleaner, also wipe free space heavily stress HDD.

So with file shredder will be CCleaner complete.

For now i must use another program to doing this.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, TheOwner said:

So with file shredder will be CCleaner complete.

For now i must use another program to doing this.

It's been a requested feature for many years now, but still hasn't been implemented. And anyone wanting it will have to use another tool to accomplish it. Personally I use WipeFile to accomplish it, it's freeware and small.

On 07/04/2019 at 19:19, TheOwner said:

I am using Bitkiller, small portable program: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bitkiller/

Just looked at its source. It sets the files attributes to normal then creates a new file in its place. No file is ever overwritten. The creator's idea of the Gutmann method(ignoring 20 years old and pointless ) is to use a for loop 35 times using an ineffective buffer. The code is utter garbage. 

• 1 month later...
On 14. 4. 2019 at 00:05, Nicon said:

Just looked at its source. It sets the files attributes to normal then creates a new file in its place. No file is ever overwritten. The creator's idea of the Gutmann method(ignoring 20 years old and pointless ) is to use a for loop 35 times using an ineffective buffer. The code is utter garbage. 

So you want tell me you are able recover files deleted by this program?