Can't open and play recovered movie files

Kingfisher

I've just paid for the Recuva package. I've recovered 10 movie files deleted from my cannon Powershot SDHC card. I can't play any of them.

Message I'm getting: No overwritten clusters detected. Status. Excellent.

Please can you help!

Thanks in advance.

I just posted this about damaged photos... but it may really apply here.

I was shooting video at the US border crossing coming back from Canada and the person at the booth demanded my camera. Oops. It, for me was just part of the vacation. To them it was a security threat. We had to go inside and I had to delete the video in front of them. I stopped using that SD care to avoid overwriting the videos. Back home I was able to recover them back home but they would not play. But I found a program that would take the correct headers or some info from a good file, and insert them in the damaged files. That worked. So I assumed there may be some similar program for damaged photos as well.

Mine also was a  Canon camera.

I think the program was  this one but I'm not sure.  I didn't think the one I used was free.

Edited by Augeas
No competitor's products allowed.

Found it. This is the program I used...

You can try it for free... but it will only show you half the video. But at least that will see if it works.

Of course maybe some of the free ones now do the same thing. My experience was 3-4 years ago.

Edited by Augeas
No competitor's products allowed.

• Moderators

Canon has a variety of operating systems, but I'm no expert, or even a tyro. FAT32, if that's what is used, is particularly evil when attempting to recover deleted files. Try a deep scan.