Piriform Community Forums
greghard

Software Updater spam pop-ups

Yes, I am aware CCleaner now has a "software updater". No, I have no practical use for it; I do not download software. Yes, I am  basically cheap, and do not look for ways to spend money. So STOP sending ten pop-ups each day announcing your new"Software Updater"!!  I AM AWARE OF IT ALREADY, OK????  Getting SPAMMED by the same damn pop-up WILL NOT CONVINCE ME TO BUY SOMETHING I DO NOT NEED!!  Also FYI, it took four attempts and ten minutes to  get past your damned "I'm Not a Robot/reCAPTCHA" piece of steaming s**t, in  order to create this  "account". Just as if anyone cares....

I'm in FULL agreement with greghard! The "Software Updater" junk ads pop up every time I turn on computer! Make them GO AWAY, or not only will I NOT buy anything, but I WILL stop using CCleaner, to NEVER buy from you, and find ANOTHER software service! DO YOU UNDERSTAND, CCleaner?

16 hours ago, Andavari said:

There was also notes in the last ccleaner build about the pop ups, yet they still continue.

By the way, will you be locking this thread too like my last one?

2 hours ago, Just ME Onlyme said:

We only lock threads that violate community standards or are necromatic in nature.  Or spam. I for one will read the rest of your posts from today and see if you behaved incorrectly and if you didn't (likely imho) they won't be locked (by me, other moderators may judge differently but they act by the same standard).

16 hours ago, Just ME Onlyme said:

No need to get smart. And btw this is not your thread, so try to stay on topic in it and not hijack it.

Post by Just ME Onlyme deleted.

Keep on topic and respectful or I WILL ban you.

We all want to get these issues with CCleaner sorted, having a go at the moderators will not achieve that.

Freedom of speech.

Legit users want answers and you close threads and your threat to ban them. I request to speak to your supervisor.

This is what happens when users want an answer.

You scroll comments and remove them. Then you look for reasons to BAN users.

I screen recorded my last reply because I knew you would do something like that.