ccleaner.ini settings not being honored

I created a ticket via support but have not heard back. Posting publicly in hopes someone picks this up.

==================

Due to some compatibility issues with our current version of CCleaner (5.28) and Windows 10, we are forced to update to a newer version. The newer version has some options / features enabled that we want to turn off. We generated a new ccleaner.ini file and deployed the new version to some test computers. After the install, we copy our custom INI file to co-locate it with ccleaner.exe, however, CCleaner is not honoring the desired settings.

My INI file has these three options configured:

HelpImproveCCleaner=0
PrefsPrivacyShowOffers1stParty=0
PrefsPrivacyShareData1stParty=0

But when I go and look at these settings in the application, they do not match the settings in the INI. How do I upgrade CCleaner with these three options configured properly?

I did review the information at https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/204045414 that talks about deploying custom settings, however, these three options do not appear in the list. Does that mean they are not supported in a managed deployment and the changes have to be made manually via the application interface?

I have attached a copy of my INI file as well as a screen shot of the application settings showing they do not match the settings in the INI file.

2019-03-20 12_31_21-CCleaner - Business Edition.png

ccleaner.ini

• Moderators

Make the .ini file read-only, it should work and it's what I had to do on my mother's laptop to stop an undesired behavior of it changing settings. You're right about it changing the settings and not honoring what you prefer. It was annoying me with it changing settings so I just gave up and downgraded to 5.40.6411 which is available at:
https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/81935/

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hi this should be working correctly if you've added the settings and values you mentioned above to the ini file, and the ini file is in the same directory as the executable you use to run CCleaner. If you have a custom path, you need to put it in the same custom directory. If you have multiple instances, you need to have one ini file present for each instance you wish to automate.

Note that you may have read/write restrictions on the default install directory, which is /.../Program Files