Ccleaner does not see or delete cookies anymore

Nova25

So, context :
»(I have use and have the latest version for Mozilla Firefox and the Palemoon browsers.)

I was on Ccleaner v5.54.x and I had a few cookies that I had on my ''Cookies to keep'' list. I decide to remove one of them from that list (it was a channelawesome.com cookie).
I go to run Ccleaner to clear stuff and I see that ''Firefox - Cookies'' isn't listed in the thing the program cleared(despite being selected). Then I go check on the ''Option : Cookies'' to see what's going on and I see *NOTHING* in the ''cookies on computer'' section and I see that where the ''channelawesome.com'' cookies once was(in the ''to keep'' section) there's now a 'blank spot' I can click on. If I select ''the blank line'' to remove it from the list(moving it to the left), suddenly all the cookies I would have expected to be in the ''on computer'' section appears.

Return to try and run Ccleaner to clear cookies and... Nothing is listed as cleared. I return again to the 'Option : Cookies' and... Same thing again. Empty section on the left, 1 blank line(amongst the Kept Cookies), moving it make the cookies on the left reappear. Rinse and repeat, with no progress.
»I tried updating to the very latest(free) version, v5.55.x, but it didn't solve the problem.

What's going on there, I have never seen something like this happen on Ccleaner before ? Should I ''burn Ccleaner to the ground'' (use Revo Uninstaller Pro) and reinstall it... or did something corrupted something and now it's all irreparable ?
(Also, yes, I already tried restarting the computer. Several times.)

EDIT: Everything was working fine, *BEFORE* I decided to remove the channelawesome.com cookies from the ''To keep'' list.

Ccleaner cookies issue_1.jpg

Ccleaner cookies issue_2.jpg

• Moderators

I've pointed out this thread to the development team.  Many others are also seeing no cookies, this seems to be a (short-term) workaround while we wait on the devs.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

As a last added note :

https: //forum.piriform. com/topic/53534-ccleaner-554-not-detecting-or-deleting-cookies/
I had a quick look into that other, fairly similar thread(issue), and I can confirm that if we have ANYTHING in the ''Cookies to keep'' section... Stuff breaks. I removed all the cookies I kept, and could use the normal function of Ccleaner to clear them, but as soon as I added even a single cookie to keep, it broke again.

»While the ''blank line'' will persist, if I send it ''to the left'' and make the ''cookies on computer'' reappear, I am able to delete them there *manually*(can shift-click to select them all).
That's pretty much the only ''relative solution'' I have found for the moment.

New, definitely odd, and ''not sure if it's related to the same issue'' thing happened.

After having clicked on the sub-tab (Options: Cookies), and then clicking on some other (main)tabs... cycling between Ccleaner's tabs, in relatively quick succession just to have a quick look... at one point I clicked back on the (main)'Options' tab, which showed the last sub-tab opened in it (Cookies), and that's when a certainly odd error message popped up.

(See new screenshot)
''An error has occurred with the code : 1%''

I'm honestly getting a bit worried there, with Ccleaner (recent) anomalies.

Ccleaner cookies issue_Thats new.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem on my two PCs, and not just me

xgnuD3dkAycJTsM93Dzn90fC1?token=eyJhbGci

It is very strange I wrote in support by e - mail, I was told that there is no such problem and it is only me ))

my friend says it happens,  when it deletes these files image.png

I hope this is a program error, and not the developer is unsuccessfully experiencing the method of collecting cookies))) Or imposes us to leave cookies on their sites)))

On 26.3.2019 at 21:39, serruf said:

my friend says it happens,  when it deletes these files image.png

Same! I selected "intelligent cookie cleaning" or whatever it's called. Next I manually removed the three cookies shown on top and circled in red in your screenshot. Ever since, no cookies are showing anymore in the left-hand window.

I have same problem, no cookies show up on left and when analyzing CCleaner doesn't find any cookies.   Not sure when this started, but now on 5.55 7108 64 bit using Windows 7 Pro and Firefox 65.0.2.    Could have been doing this for several releases, I just started noticing no cookies in the analysis summary.    Still have list on right and if I try to move one to the left side- it just goes away, does not appear on left side.  

1 minute ago, divemaster said:

I have same problem, no cookies show up on left and when analyzing CCleaner doesn't find any cookies.   Not sure when this started, but now on 5.55 7108 64 bit using Windows 7 Pro and Firefox 65.0.2.    Could have been doing this for several releases, I just started noticing no cookies in the analysis summary.    Still have list on right and if I try to move one to the left side- it just goes away, does not appear on left side.  

There is a new Beta release that fixes this issue. 

8 hours ago, Racerbob said:

There is a new Beta release that fixes this issue. 

Have you tried this beta yourself? I've installed it, and problem there was just more ))

while the problem is still relevant, it is not solved in beta!

On 4/4/2019 at 02:28, serruf said:

Have you tried this beta yourself? I've installed it, and problem there was just more ))

while the problem is still relevant, it is not solved in beta!

Yes, of course. No issues with the beta. The cookie keeping and cleaning works as it should. I did not have to recreate anything in the right column. 

2 hours ago, divemaster said:

I downloaded beta 5.56.003 Beta 64 bit and there is no differences, no cookies show up on left side. Maybe that is one of the reasons it is still beta?

I just checked. Yes, both columns on mine (beta version) are populated with cookies. 

On 5.4.2019 at 09:12, iammike said:

I had the same problem.

Problem was solved after recreating the 3 "*" domains in the Cookies to Keep section.

"*.avast.com"
"*.ccleaner.com"
"*.ccleanercloud.com"

I hate Avast, they're a terrible company. Never have had any software of theirs installed on my machine. Why would I keep any cookie with that domain name?

Starting to have second thoughts about Piriform, too.

3 hours ago, billionairesmurf said:

I hate Avast, they're a terrible company. Never have had any software of theirs installed on my machine. Why would I keep any cookie with that domain name?

Starting to have second thoughts about Piriform, too.

You know that Piriform is owned by Avast and thus that's why Avast is added Cookies to keep

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/business/avast-buys-piriform-the-company-behind-ccleaner-and-recuva/

I didn't even know those avast were in the right side, they have never shown up. Just to recreate everything, I did an export of the right side and the went and looked at it- it contained 3 avast entries and one imrworldwide.com. Don't nor have I ever used avast and haven't a clue what imrworldwide.com is? Will have to check it out.

Anyway I deleted all cookies to save on right hand side and imported the txt file and still have same problem, nothing on left side. Also, those avast and imrworldwide still do not show up on right hand side of cookies to keep, you only see them when exported and view the txt file. If I hadn't exported and viewed the file I would never know they were there. Wonder why ccleaner is hiding these?

(1) I deleted the 3 avast and the imrworldwide.com from the txt file, then removed all right side cookies to save from within ccleaner.

Then went and imported the modified txt file from (1) above. It still didn't show the files, but I exported it again and found it had put back in the 3 Avast but not the imrworldwide.com. When viewing in ccleaner you never see cookies that are actually to be saved. For whatever reason CCleaner puts those avast entries in, maybe they even put that hidden imrworldwide.com at one time? I don't know why they don't show ALL entries.

I may be done with this program, don't like them hiding entries.

Oh and still no entries displayed on left.

Well I think I figured it out, this is true on portable and regular version.

I removed CCleaner from computer and reloaded. It found cookies just fine listed on left side, but it had a long list on right side to keep and none of them were mine, stuff like facebook, yahoo and google plus many more. If I added what I wanted on the right side and to CCleaner list that was already there from the loading- all was fine. If I deleted the defaults that came with CCleaner like facebook, yahoo, google and others, then it wouldn't find any cookies to list on left. I didn't try deleting just one of the defaults that came with CCleaner, I did them all. Maybe there is a magic one, but I got tired and didn't like them pushing me into keeping certain cookies. I can just do this through FF manage list.

My guess is since Avast took over, these companies pay not to get their cookies deleted?

Bad CCleaner

I finely figured it out, anyway it works for me.

After I removed CCleaner and reloaded, I removed all the default cookies to keep on right side except one *.avast.
Then I right click on *.avast and imported the list I had saved earlier. This worked all was well!

Note:
If I cleared all the defaults and then imported there was always a blank line at top and if I removed it things didn't work, the blank line would always come back at the top.

Even after getting it to work, If I remove *.avast from the top line to the left it stops working, if I add *.advast back in to top right column- it works.

All very strange and I am tired.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, divemaster said:

My guess is since Avast took over, these companies pay not to get their cookies deleted?

Conspiracy theories aside the real issue is CCleaner is very buggy nowadays!;)