CCleaner ccsetup554 installation not in English

dean e

The ccsetup554 setup program launches in a language other than English. I live in the US. 

This is the first time I have installed CCleaner on this system, Win7 Pro, Ver 6.1,SP1, on a HP Probook 4540s. 

Which site should I go to for a version that launches in English, please? Thanks. 

CCleaner language issue (March 2019).jpg

• Moderators

Optionally since the program is natively in English you can open the folder where it is installed and delete the Lang folder. Not sure if that will give some error on launching CCleaner or not since the language preference would be in the settings.

Guest Stephen CCleaner

If your installer launches in a non-English language, and it is not the language of your operating system - do not complete the installation. The installer is not ours.

16 hours ago, hazelnut said:

Where did you download it from?

Try installing the SLIM build from here,

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

Does that work ok ?

Thanks hazelnut,

Your linked slim version installed perfectly.

The first option in the installer was to select my language preference. That option never appeared in the troublesome versions that I downloaded from https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/standard . 

12 hours ago, Andavari said:

Optionally since the program is natively in English you can open the folder where it is installed and delete the Lang folder. Not sure if that will give some error on launching CCleaner or not since the language preference would be in the settings.

Thanks Andavari.

Good idea, but the bad installations never processed far enough to create working folders such as Lang. 

7 hours ago, Stephen Piriform said:

If your installer launches in a non-English language, and it is not the language of your operating system - do not complete the installation. The installer is not ours.

Thanks Stephen Piriform, and others who offered suggestions! 

The installer's properties seemed to me to be legitimate, but they could have been spoofed--I don't know. 

Installer properties.jpg