CCleaner 5.54 not detecting or deleting cookies

CCleaner 5.54 no longer shows any cookies in Edge or Firefox and does not delete them. I know this as restarting Firefox, I am logged back into websites I would have previously been logged out of as a result of cookie deletion. The only way I can delete cookies is to manually do so in the browser. I can do so in Firefox but do not know how to do so in Edge. In addition, CCleaner 5.54 no longer shows the warning a browser (particularly Edge) is running and does not give you the option to close and then force close it if need be. From my experience of the previous versions of CCleaner, I had to force stop Edge nearly every time I ran CCleaner.

Edited by ChrisR64
Additional information

• Moderators

I've just done a bit of quick testing and it seems to be a lag in CC v5.54 detecting the cookies.

If I left the window open it did eventually populate the list.

As for the warning message - Did you dismiss the warning with a 'Do not show again'?

Check in Options>Advanced that "Hide warning Messages" is not ticked.
If you have that selected then CC will just skip cleaning of any running (in the background?) browser without giving you the warning.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

The warnings have reappeared.

CC 5.54 still does not detect any cookies, including those of Internet Explorer.

Checking that the Firefox cookies I want to delete are not on the right hand side of CC 5.54, I deliberately logged into some of my usual sites. previously closing Firefox would have resulted in my being logged out of those sites as CC would delete the cookies (i.e. they were on the left side cookies to clear).

However now with CC 5.54 reopening Firefox I am logged back into all sites. The browser says all the cookies are present. CC 5.54 has not detected a single cookie after several minutes. How long is the delay before they appear?

• Moderators

There seems to be a lag in v5.54 detecting cookies.

I've posted about it in another thread but can't link to it from this phone.

Try leaving CC running for a minute or so and seeing if that left hand side populates with the cookies on your computer.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Still no joy.

CC 5.54 still does not detect or clear cookies after 10 minutes of CC being open.

Restarting Firefox I am logged back into websites and the browser shows the cookies deleted by previous versions of CC automatically are ALL still present.

I have paid for the professional version that is not doing what I paid for.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ChrisR64 said:

I have paid for the professional version that is not doing what I paid for.

If you've got a paid licence you have direct to developer support, maybe that would be something to do

https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Same issue here.  I also reported it to Piriform support.

I did some testing with the cookies menu.  It appears that if you have any entries in the cookies to keep side there are no cookies on the cookies on computer side.  Delete all the cookies on the cookies to keep list and the cookies on computer return.

Following the advice given from Piriform support, I ran CC in debug mode and sent the file to them.

They have since replied to say CC was NOT deleting Chrome and Firefox cookies. Someone else had reported the problem and remedied it by uninstalling and then reinstalling CC using the download link they provided and the license key also provided.

THIS CURED THE PROBLEM AND CC NOW DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SHOULD.

Browser = Opera 58.0.3135.107.  After Update to Ccleaner 5.55.0.7108 (Pro)  when I choose to keep a cookie,
Ccleaner "analyze / run cleaner" will NOT show and clean for cookies:
-------------------------
Opera - Internet Cache
Opera - Internet History
------------------------

=  thats it ! No cookies show up or get cleaned !    Now If I remove the "Keep cookie"  I get this:
------------------------
Opera - Internet Cache
Opera - Internet History
Opera - Cookies
------------------------

And there the cookies show up gain, I uninstalled / reinstalled and it's a bug that remains!
Hope to have given you enough information and awaiting for a solution

btw. win 10 x64  1809

• 7 months later...

No cookies show up on my professional Ccleaner not for months and the Same problem i can log into sites that will have all the cookies and endless companies tracking me, so the trackers that are deleted are only a small percentage of what is on my computer, i have pictures of my grandchildren, i feel that i need to buy another cleaner,this is the most important reason i need it for to clean out the cookies and trackers.