Hey Ccleaner, I'm not a business!

I've been a Ccleaner user for many years.  Today for the first time ever I got a pop-up (I hate pop-ups) saying "thanks for playing fair.  The free version of Ccleaner is for private use only.  If you are a commercial user you must use the paid version," or words to that effect.  What on earth led the software to conclude that I am a business?!

• Moderators

It doesn't think you're a business, it's saying that if a user is running it in a business then it's against the license.  Everyone gets the same pop-up with the same text.  It should be noted that there's a general feeling against the pop-ups that matches yours.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Nobody likes pop-ups and it like in the past with many other software examples it's a great way to drive users away into using a competing product that doesn't yet annoy like that. Personally I think their setup routine could be the solution: 1) install as Free home users only, or 2) install as Pro business license.