fair play? + CC keep appearing.

abisha

I notice today the mgs of thank you for fair play.

so i click and getting business page on the screen kind of makes me wonder the hack is going on.

is the software thinking i have a "business computer" or something feels a little off.

also i find it weird that CC alway's keep appearing after i delete the startup options in CC cleaner so CC ain't starting up automatic.

but no luck on this.

Guest Ben CCleaner

The 'Play Fair' message is not a targetted message and part of a wider awarenesss campagin for our business products. This message should only be shown once to each user, however we are aware of a bug where it is shown repeatedly to some users. This should be fixed with our latest version 5.54.

15 hours ago, Ben Piriform said:

The 'Play Fair' message is not a targetted message and part of a wider awarenesss campagin for our business products. This message should only be shown once to each user, however we are aware of a bug where it is shown repeatedly to some users. This should be fixed with our latest version 5.54.

CCleaner version 5.54 and Windows 10 1809 OS build 17763.348 -- bug is still present, at least on my machine.  "Fair Play" message has come up three times in the last two days -- once while just using the computer, twice within minutes after a reboot.

EDIT:  Just restarted computer, "Fair Play" message popped-up again -- fourth time in two days.  I uninstalled CCleaner last October for reasons scattered all over the forums.  I wanted to give it another chance.  Doesn't look promising.

Same problem for me.

I uninstalled ccleaner and deleted all files and registry entries I could find. Installed an earlier version to test. v5.40.115.6411

It updated itself without letting me know. Not a nice feeling.

It's free and has served me well, but...

I've seen this fair play message at least 10 times. I've had the privilege of attending the Air Force Academy, this reminds me of "We don't lie, steal, cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does", ad nauseum, ad infinitum.....Are you trying to HV (Honor Violate) me?